Motorcycle Overheating after Coolant Change

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

It's not like the cap gets worn out by use....

Had to replace mine last year because the spring got weak on it, so I’d disagree with that statement.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:32 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can accept that these things happen but it all going to shit after a coolant change requires two things to happen at the same time, coolant change and cap fucking up.

What are the odds of those two things happening at the same time?

You would have to be incredibly unlucky.

10kovako
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:51 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffyjeff wrote:
A leak in the surge tank tube above the coolant level could cause air to migrate into the radiator even if the radiator cap is functioning properly.

The one above? Does that not also just vent to the environment anyway? As I traced it and it connects to a fuel tank breather and just goes to the ground.

The one I think was potentially damaged was the one below.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:56 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the crack in the pipe to the expansion tank (lets get away from the mental american terms that don't really make sense) isn't wet there is no leak.

Potentially the cap could be a problem but, as said, two things have to have happened at the same time. You changed the coolant at exactly the same time as a valve in the cap fucked up.

10kovako
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:00 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If the crack in the pipe to the expansion tank (lets get away from the mental american terms that don't really make sense) isn't wet there is no leak.

Potentially the cap could be a problem but, as said, two things have to have happened at the same time. You changed the coolant at exactly the same time as a valve in the cap fucked up.

I bent it a little, and it did start to drip, from the hose itself so I’ve cut it down and refitted. I’ll see what the situation is. But fingers crossed it’s all well.

I bought the bike 1 week prior to me changing the coolant, so alas I know little about its prior condition, perhaps cap was on its way out. I’ll see if I start dripping coolant again. Went on a few small rides and the amount of coolant in the reservoir did decrease (so I’m hoping it got sucked in via vacuum to the radiator.)

I appreciate everyone’s feedback

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:07 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, new information provided about a situation after several days diagnosis.

Your head could be fucked. We don't know. Because you didn't say you just bought it.

FFS.

No doubt the reason you were changing the coolant is because it was pissing coolant out the overflow the first time you rode it.

Quite frankly I'm getting really pissed with you cunts that expect us to diagnose problems when you don't provide information that is as relevant as that.

Once again, you are a cunt. Thanks for wasting my time.

10kovako
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:29 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Once again, new information provided about a situation after several days diagnosis.

Your head could be fucked. We don't know. Because you didn't say you just bought it.

FFS.

No doubt the reason you were changing the coolant is because it was pissing coolant out the overflow the first time you rode it.

Quite frankly I'm getting really pissed with you cunts that expect us to diagnose problems when you don't provide information that is as relevant as that.

Once again, you are a cunt. Thanks for wasting my time.

Firstly, I believe you have anger management issues, secondly if you scroll down To the 4th reply in the thread and you’ll see that you’re not very good at reading.

Thirdly, no I changed it as is good precaution as I didn’t know the last time it was changed. As goes for oil etc.

Lastly, again I’d like to reiterate; I think you have anger management issues, and sorry you wasted your time.

Last edited by 10kovako on 22:32 - 01 Jun 2023; edited 1 time in total
Nobby the Bastard This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2