Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Migration gone mad..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:47 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Migration gone mad.. Reply with quote

Immigration saw the country's overall population increase by 606,000 in 2022, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

Wow. The coutry is broke. The NHS cant cope. Schools havent got enough places, there aren't enough houses but we accept half a million + for the year (600,000)actually who will suck off the countrys teat.

If 1% of those is a net positive to the country I would be absolutly stunned,

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:25 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have got this wrong, but i'm sure i read that of those 606,000, around 76,000 were illegal immigrants (around 12% of the total)

There were also a lot of resettlements, with 114,000 Ukrainians & 52,000 given special visas from Hong Kong

Then, almost 40% of the total 925,000 arrivees were students (370,000)

So that pretty much accounts for eveyone

But as you can see, the majority of migrants appear to be students, who will be paying pretty hansome sums to get their higher education degrees

sauce https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65705629

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

those "students" also bring their families too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
I may have got this wrong, but i'm sure i read that of those 606,000, around 76,000 were illegal immigrants (around 12% of the total)

There were also a lot of resettlements, with 114,000 Ukrainians & 52,000 given special visas from Hong Kong

But as you can see, the majority of migrants appear to be students, who will be paying pretty hansome sums to get their higher education degrees

I think this is the nub of it. The Foreign students are propping up our broken and totally unsatisfactory university system, the one that Tony 'degrees for everyone' Blair foolishly conceived.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel the fear.. Laughing

‘15% of foreign students bring a dependent (that’s spouses & children only)
They pay more to study thus aiding with keeping universities running plus they help to subsidise training in general.
The changes implemented by the government will only apply to 10% of that 15%’.

So says the chancellor of a university.

Distracting from the reality of country poorly managed.
Clap your NHS goodbye as MPs receive money from private healthcare companies.
The sale of publicly owned utilities promised the needed investment… how’s that working out?

Get annoyed with nurses doctors rail workers teachers postal workers bus drivers and feel okay about the backhanding and failing upwards of ministers, but most of all point the blame at others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting aside the infrastructure problems isn't this a bit... vampiric? At least Hitler had the decency to invade countries and steal all their shit at gunpoint versus inviting them over with crocodile smiles...

...then stealing all their shit! (Russian oligarchs, you know what I'm talking about, amirite?!)

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at all who voted for their favourite right wing party to put a stop to all this

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:30 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

the usual stunt in london is send chinese son/daughter/xe to London to study, £30k/yr.

Buy a flat for them to live in, who cares how much it costs..1mil?

3 years later, fees are 100k+ change, sell flat, pay it all from HPI and profit.

plates stop spinning when the cult of high house prices stops.
in fact, a lot breaks when this stops.

also, this is why your kids cant afford a house and live in their childhood room till 35.

of course, no need to do that "internet thing" and say "it isnt only chinese..." because we know that, of course it isnt. this is an example of how the system works.
or doesnt, in this case

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
lol at all who voted for their favourite right wing party to put a stop to all this

IIRC UKIP/Brexit party only got one seat a couple of elections ago. Can hardly blame them if the electoral system is rigged in favour of the mainstream parties.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:38 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

IIRC UKIP/Brexit party only got one seat a couple of elections ago. Can hardly blame them if the electoral system is rigged in favour of the parties that aren't blatently racist.

FIFY

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

Net migration was 606000, people left the UK as well, so the incoming was actually much higher.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

IIRC UKIP/Brexit party only got one seat a couple of elections ago. Can hardly blame them if the electoral system is rigged in favour of the parties that aren't blatently racist.

FIFY

You say that like it's a bad thing Wink

Self preservation over suicidal altruism.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

FIFY

Labour's documented issues with antisemitism?
The racism slur is tiresome and boring, and in the case of Brexit inaccurate.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:58 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTD wrote:

Labour's documented issues with antisemitism?
The racism slur is tiresome and boring, and in the case of Brexit inaccurate.

yes, I agree.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTD wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:

Net migration was 606000, people left the UK as well, so the incoming was actually much higher.

Yes, good point, i hadn't accounted for that

But we don't know how many of those leaving were Brirish nationals or previous immigrants going back home

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
But we don't know how many of those leaving were Brirish nationals or previous immigrants going back home

Conversely how many ex-pats are coming back.

AFAIK the big increase is in foreign students (from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) with their dependants. And I know first hand a significant proportion are actually over to work as Hospitality is my industry.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:10 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably to get the visa they have to have a uni place and in order to have the place they have to pay the uni for the tuition.

Seems an excessively complicated and expensive process just to cook curries.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

600k net migrants and are we feeling any richer?

Has the government spending reduced because of all these imported tax payers?

Has it bollocks, if you're a living, breathing person, you're part of the system, no matter where you come from, and it's a system that cannot sustain the numbers in this country.

Government and big business loved the cheap labour and their lapdogs defended it by playing the race card, now they've had their money and they want more while we're all left poorer.

Universities raking it in whilst people are paying massive amounts of interest on their student loans, who exactly is this country to the benefit of?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Presumably to get the visa they have to have a uni place and in order to have the place they have to pay the uni for the tuition.

Seems an excessively complicated and expensive process just to cook curries.

I agree it doesn't seem to make much sense as an outside observer but having seen immigration raids (when they were still a thing) decimate a restaurant - waiters, cooks, cleaners - you then notice all the little faux English language schools in odd places. For example:

English School of Learning (ESOL) https://goo.gl/maps/Tqn9jXyMKrEhvM929

These the government has tried to clamp down on but I have no idea how successful they've been.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:47 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
[

I agree it doesn't seem to make much sense as an outside observer but having seen immigration raids (when they were still a thing) decimate a restaurant - waiters, cooks, cleaners - you then notice all the little faux English language schools in odd places. For example:

English School of Learning (ESOL) https://goo.gl/maps/Tqn9jXyMKrEhvM929

These the government has tried to clamp down on but I have no idea how successful they've been.

Undergraduates (Bachelors degree) already can't bring their dependants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65683046

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Re-read the article:

Quote:
[Sunak] told the cabinet that the change, to begin in January 2024, will make a "significant difference to the numbers," according to No 10.

So hasn't happened yet. Given the reliability (or lack thereof) of politicians plus the gaggle of human-rights lawyers eager to stomp on such things don't be surprised if it turns into another "well we tried but they wouldn't let us!"

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:22 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Re-read the article:

Quote:
[Sunak] told the cabinet that the change, to begin in January 2024, will make a "significant difference to the numbers," according to No 10.

So hasn't happened yet. Given the reliability (or lack thereof) of politicians plus the gaggle of human-rights lawyers eager to stomp on such things don't be surprised if it turns into another "well we tried but they wouldn't let us!"

Hmmm:

Quote:

Foreign postgraduate students on non-research courses will no longer be able to bring family members to the UK, under new immigration curbs.

The announcement has been made two days before official statistics are expected to show legal migration has hit a record 700,000 this year.

Last year, 135,788 visas were granted to dependants of foreign students, nearly nine times the 2019 figure.

PM Rishi Sunak told ministers the move would help bring migration down.

He told the cabinet that the change, to begin in January 2024, will make a "significant difference to the numbers," according to No 10.

Postgraduate degrees are Masters and PhD, not Batchelors which is an undergraduate degree.

Quote:
According to HESA, an education data group, there were 679,970 international students in the UK in 2021/2022.

Of these 307,470 were undergraduates, who already can't bring family members to the UK during their course.

I suggest you read the fucking article properly.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:41 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
Look at me! Look at me!

Shush, now. The grown ups are talking.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the universities could full every limited place with a foreign student they would do it because it makes sense when considered in business terms, but I thought they’d have an obligation to educate British students by first intent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8