Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Migration gone mad..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I suggest you read the fucking article properly.

Ah, fair enough. What threw me is the "significant impact" line given undergrads would seriously outnumber postgrads.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:28 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Last year, 135,788 visas were granted to dependants of foreign students, nearly nine times the 2019 figure."

That's a pretty significant increase!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly not fussed if it's students or dependents or boat people or what, 600k is far too many for a country that has spent the last ten years deliberately downsizing and/or crushing public services.

Disregarding the old "they won't integrate" arguments for a moment, immigration could at least try to work if infrastructure kept up with demand. But, Tories gonna Tory. Now about those new hospitals Thinking and power plants Thinking and bus services Thinking and GPs Thinking and teacher recruitment Thinking and school funding Thinking and libraries Thinking and youth centres Thinking and

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:18 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the plus side I'm getting paid an extra £1,500 to cover off the extra money I paid out because Truss fucked the economy completely last year.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Lord Percy with the ol’ “I hate the Tories.” Sleeping

If we run with rpsmith79’s reasonable description of immigrant distributions* the illegals are unlikely to ever make a net contribution, we’ll educate the visiting students albeit they’ll pay for that much, and then we take care of the true refugees fleeing persecution, who are presumably grateful for that. It’s true that immigrant arrivals put pressure on existing infrastructure but if any that lot were disappointed we hadn’t invested in advance purely to accommodate them before they’d ever made a financial contribution I’d be surprised. Likewise why would the existing taxpayer feel obliged to fork out?

* I think he’s missed the professionals we’ve deliberately invited or accepted, and admittedly they will pay their way. I don’t know what percentage of immigration they constitute.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:02 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be sure that the people working in hospitality not illegally here won't be paying tax.

As we all know the hospitality industry would die on its feet without them why not give them visas and tax them?

Plus, plus all round except amongst the 'immigration is wrong' crowd. In which case they should give up their kebabs and curries.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit OTT. Most of my City customers pay proper wages and taxes. Outside of town... Shifty

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:51 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are they paying employers NI and passing over the employer's PAYE and NI without NI numbers?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Honestly not fussed if it's students or dependents or boat people or what, 600k is far too many for a country that has spent the last ten years deliberately downsizing and/or crushing public services.

Disregarding the old "they won't integrate" arguments for a moment, immigration could at least try to work if infrastructure kept up with demand. But, Tories gonna Tory. Now about those new hospitals Thinking and power plants Thinking and bus services Thinking and GPs Thinking and teacher recruitment Thinking and school funding Thinking and libraries Thinking and youth centres Thinking and

But you can't. Go to that hole that is London. Every area is.... Black. Indian, Muslim, Turkish, etc etc. What integration, is take over.

Integration does not exist in UK.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:19 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
On the plus side I'm getting paid an extra £1,500 to cover off the extra money I paid out because Truss fucked the economy completely last year.

My pensions still havent recovered from the whack she gave the bond market! Says something when the BoE have to step in and over-rule an elected officials economic policies. Shit-show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:12 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Ah, Lord Percy with the ol’ “I hate the Tories.” Sleeping

So who else do we blame for this? Laughing

And before you claim all the cuts were necessary, let's stop a moment to admire the magic money tree that came out for Matt Hancock and his mates a couple of years ago.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:17 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

But you can't. Go to that hole that is London. Every area is.... Black. Indian, Muslim, Turkish, etc etc. What integration, is take over.

Integration does not exist in UK.

Wasn't saying that's not the case.

The point stands that even if everyone was getting on as one big happy family, there is still not enough infrastructure to handle it.

I saw this story posted on Reddit a couple of weeks ago and even the lefty liberal types (myself included) were saying enough is enough.

600k new migrants in a year is fucking obscene, and I truly do find it laughable that vast tracts of people over the past 5 or so years have based a lot of their democratic choices on fixing this problem, and those democratic choices won the votes, but things are now worse! Almost as if the party of choice has never had the best interests of the people at heart. Who'd have thought!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
How are they paying employers NI and passing over the employer's PAYE and NI without NI numbers?

Sorry, I didn't get the point over well. Employing illegal immigrants is not endemic across the entire Hospitality however employing "students" is. Students can legally work for up to 20 hours a week, pay taxes and NI. Immigration were pulling the site's CCTV to prove ppl were doing over 20 hours.

In the City the tendency is to take card payments over cash (to the point where plenty of places take only contactless & card) it's difficult to pay cash-in-hand only or top-up up the hours past 20 so this stuff is seen more out of town.

Hospitality does seem to employ an awful lot of students overall. Is this down to poor wages in a high stress environment? The oft trotted out "lazy Britons" etc. That'd be a whole separate topic of discussion.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:47 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I saw this story posted on Reddit a couple of weeks ago and even the lefty liberal types (myself included) were saying enough is enough.

Wow... so do we have permission to talk about immigration now?!

Looking at an ONS graph of net migration...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/articles/explore50yearsofinternationalmigrationtoandfromtheuk/2016-12-01

...it seems to have been pretty flat up until 1997. I wonder what changed Thinking

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

Wow... so do we have permission to talk about immigration now?!

Looking at an ONS graph of net migration...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/articles/explore50yearsofinternationalmigrationtoandfromtheuk/2016-12-01

...it seems to have been pretty flat up until 1997. I wonder what changed Thinking

Neoliberalism went into overdrive.

I wonder if what you were really trying to say was "Tony Blair was voted in", but surely that's not the point you were wanting to make because there has been 13 years of not Tony Blair's party claiming they would fix all that, but it has in fact only become worse, even after an EU exit referendum that claimed with even greater conviction that leaving the EU would definitely definitely fix all that.

So either it's not a party political thing, or it is a party political thing but for very different reasons.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I wonder if what you were really trying to say was "Tony Blair was voted in", but surely that's not the point you were wanting to make because there has been 13 years of not Tony Blair's party claiming they would fix all that, but it has in fact only become worse, even after an EU exit referendum that claimed with even greater conviction that leaving the EU would definitely definitely fix all that.

So either it's not a party political thing, or it is a party political thing but for very different reasons.

its almost as if all parties are following an agenda that someone else has set Thinking

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

its almost as if all parties are following an agenda that someone else has set Thinking

Black Eye

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElqptH8WMAQAXDJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the thriller movies the baddies take over by kidnapping and replacing world leaders. Seems like hard work! Much easier to brainwash all the interns that write the scripts Smile

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't import illegal immigrants and their fam, who the fuk is going to peel and fry our kebabs and bajees for us?
They wont cook themselves.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:05 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who complain about immigration are usually the same people who complain that they have to pay more than minimum wage for their cleaner.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The people who complain about immigration are usually the same people who complain that they have to pay more than minimum wage for their cleaner.

And conversely those who say we need more immigration complain "who will make my coffee?!"

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:57 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

And conversely those who say we need more immigration complain "who will make my coffee?!"

I don't drink coffee.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:24 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

You really talk more shit than a babys potty sees,
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
[within] 1 to 2 generations there will be no middle class only poor sheeple and the rich the elite.

The "people" outnumber the "elites" by a considerable number. Push people so far and the guillotines come out Sad
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8