BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Does anyone ride any more?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 06 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done roughly 750 miles on my motorcycle and 600 miles on my bicycle this year so far. Too much work, not suitable weather for the most part. I do however cycle to work, at least 4 days a week when there's no rain forecast on the way to my work place. I don't care for the weather on the way back home. Also, on the way back home (10 miles, mostly uphill) I race whoever I meet on the cycle path, just to get a bit of cardio going. It's also fun to compete with others.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'll try to ride more for you....

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:06 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike I have now has done 76.5 miles a year since 2016.

So yeah, they do, just not a lot Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My burgeoning alcoholism is really becoming an issue. I'm rarely under the limit and only tend to ride out to pubs anyway.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:12 - 07 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already ridden all of my bikes this year. In fact, I've had to reserve the Street Triple to 3rd place because of my sorting the two Suzukis, one for commuting and one for trackdays.

So far I've mostly ridden the GSX-R but that's to test the mods I've done for trackdays really. Quick action throttle, Renthal grips, adjusted lever positions, braided hoses etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I've gone off biking for a year or two, taking my bike out on weekends for a joyride has stopped. I still commute on the bike but it's never taken out for a spin.

I think it may have something to do with my bike (GSXR1000 K4), may try moving to a 600 - could be more exciting round the country lanes using more of the bike. Or I've just lost my passion for it... Thinking

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Re: Does anyone ride any more? Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Normally at this point of the year there's loads of bike out. I haven't seen more than 2 any time I've been out this year. Have people just said fuck it, or are the potholes taking everyone out?

I ride all year. Potholes are really bad this year to be fair. I also live in North Wales, even in Winter there's a fair few bikes around, and this time of year they're everywhere.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do the Sunday morning 'hoon' any more. Haven't done for a few years now. Also stopped the summer evening ride out to 'biker haunts'. Too much hassle and too many speed cameras these days. Also my bikes are usually either off the road or behind the kid's gym equipment, or someone has parked in the drive and buggered off with the car key...

What I do still do however is long trips with mates. I try to do at least one a year. I am lucky also that I have a friend who is a serial collector/buyer/seller of two strokes, and I do like riding them - apparently I am the only one he trusts... I should be out and about on a YDS3 this Sunday, assuming he can build a new throttle cable. Not that actual one though. According to a bore his has the wrong paint and is missing a badge Rolling Eyes

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

B0ndy wrote:
Personally I've gone off biking for a year or two, taking my bike out on weekends for a joyride has stopped. I still commute on the bike but it's never taken out for a spin.

I think it may have something to do with my bike (GSXR1000 K4), may try moving to a 600 - could be more exciting round the country lanes using more of the bike. Or I've just lost my passion for it... Thinking

I think you need a 250.. I love mine for local trips.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
My burgeoning alcoholism is really becoming an issue. I'm rarely under the limit and only tend to ride out to pubs anyway.

Mate, that doesn't sound great. How about getting a project so you can spend some time painting, spannering, browsing ebay for bits. More fun than you'd imagine and you get to ride it after..

Chin up. Smile

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2