Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How long for license to come after passing test?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 07 Oct 2023    Post subject: How long for license to come after passing test? Reply with quote

Hello All

No 2 son passed his A2 a few weeks ago.

Most people I guess would have the examiner take their licence. But he couldn't do so as he needed his license for his car test

Anyway we've filled in the form it was sent tracked delivery and we have a picture showing the delivery and date at the DVLA.

Thing is it's been 2 or 3 weeks. You can do a license check on their website and it's showing as 2 unclaimed pass categories.

Funnily enough his examiner told him under no circumstances and even though the form says you can to send both pass certificates back in one envelope as they will mess it up.

We've obviously got scans of everything and we know they have the form but nehhh.

Last edited by kawakid on 12:19 - 07 Oct 2023; edited 1 time in total

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 07 Oct 2023    Post subject: Re: How long for license to come after passing test? Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Hello All

Most people I guess would have the examiner take their licence. But he couldn't do so as he needed his license for his car test

Anyway we've filled in the form it was sent tracked delivery and we have a picture showing the delivery and date at the DVLA.

Thing is it's been 2 or 3 weeks. You can do a license check on their website and it's showing as 2 unclaimed pass categories.

Funnily enough his examiner told him under no circumstances and even though the firm says you can to send both pass certificates back in one envelope as they will mess it up.

We've obviously got scans of everything and we know they have the form but nehhh.

Mucho quickness when I eventually transferred from pink paper licence to ID card style about a year ago.. and no fine even though I'd moved house twice without telling.

Not that helpful to you TBF but I was astonished by the speed. They even took my photo off the passport one.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

muan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:21 - 07 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my test on the 19 September and had license back in a week mate. I did leave it with the examiner at the time of the test though......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jonquirk
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 07 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed my bike test in September 2021 on a Thursday. I left my licence with the examiner and had the new one the following Wednesday.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 07 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

muan wrote:
Took my test on the 19 September and had license back in a week mate. I did leave it with the examiner at the time of the test though......

yeah, he couldn't risk that as test literally within 2 weeks.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 15 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

License came back after 3 weeks.

We only sent his motorcycle pass certificate back and we only filled in the form saying A2.

His license has both the car and motorcycle on the dates he passed the relevant tests.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Re: How long for license to come after passing test? Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Hello All

Funnily enough his examiner told him under no circumstances and even though the form says you can to send both pass certificates back in one envelope as they will mess it up.

Like most other replies in here, I left my license with the examiner and had my new one in my hands the week after. Sorry, don't know what can be done other than ringing the DVLA.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Re: How long for license to come after passing test? Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Like most other replies in here, I left my license with the examiner and had my new one in my hands the week after. Sorry, don't know what can be done other than ringing the DVLA.

It came, see the post above.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1