Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

knee down in the wet

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 02:21 - 23 Mar 2005    Post subject: knee down in the wet Reply with quote

heres a selection of video clips of the Moto GP boys getting their knees down on a wet track, it just shows how good the tyres must be and how much confidence and control it takes to ride at that level Cool https://www.motorcyclerev.com/mrev/showthread.php?t=58

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 23 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 24 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first off on the aprilia, jesus now thats a Highside!

It definately shows the class these guys have, but theres a lot of things that contribute to that knee hitting the track that would stop mine.

Such as,

an awesomely engineered and set up bike
the best tyres money can buy
experience

and mostly the fact that if he bins it he wont be on the bus on monday morning cos hes stacked his steed!

I like the crashes, it shows how fine the line is between going fast and crashing!

Good vid!

Wink

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 19:27 - 26 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
It definately shows the class these guys have, but theres a lot of things that contribute to that knee hitting the track that would stop mine.

Such as,

experience

and mostly the fact that if he bins it he wont be on the bus on monday morning cos hes stacked his steed!

I like the crashes, it shows how fine the line is between going fast and crashing!

Good vid!

Wink

100% Agree.

When i mentioned it in the photos section though i got flamed by all the die hard rossi fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

harry69koi
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:27 - 26 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to get my knee down in the dry let alone wet Crying or Very sad

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 21:33 - 26 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry69koi, I take it you didn't read this bit when you set up your avatar :-

Quote:
- No wider than 80 pixels
- No taller than 100 pixels
- File size smaller than 10 Kb
- No animations
- Nothing above a PG rating please

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

harry69koi
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:09 - 26 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

only a diddly one though init?

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:17 - 27 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:

Such as,

experience

You forgot to mention the fact that they're far far more skillful (certainly on the track) than almost every other rider around. Admittedly that's partly experience, but I reckon they've just more raw talent than most other people anyway, not to mention more balls than a lot of people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 04:22 - 27 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaggis wrote:
You forgot to mention the fact that they're far far more skillful (certainly on the track) than almost every other rider around. Admittedly that's partly experience, but I reckon they've just more raw talent than most other people anyway, not to mention more balls than a lot of people.

Deffo a lot of natural ability etc, but IMO anyone can be pretty good if given the chance, not just in racing but at anything.. just my opinion but if you were given a top class race bike, leathers, track time, petrol , tuition, non stop training etc then I'm pretty sure most people would soon get good.. just people gotta be good to get that kinda opportunity.. just saying tho.. anyone can be good if they get the opportunity..

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:48 - 27 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams wrote:
anyone can be good if they get the opportunity..

I should think that most top riders did start riding when they were young teenagers if not earlier. I know some did not start till quite late, but mostly they've had years and years of experience and practise. Without a bike racing/ riding parent or a family owned bike garage, I doubt most people would ever get the opportunity.

I personally think that quite obviously, not everyone has equal potential to do different things. Some people are always going to be better and worse at various things, no matter how much practise and experience everyone has.

Innate ability and potential can be improved into real skill, just not everyone has the same potential, and to be that good, you really need to be better/ faster learning/ more able than most other people to begin with. Plus, like you say, you need to be good enough to get noticed and sponsored etc in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thuganomics16
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 13 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to post a thread after seeing the video but i think i might just sit here and try to work out what the hell you 3 just said. probably made perfect sense but its getting late and im tired Neutral
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1