Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A choice of systems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 13 Dec 2023    Post subject: Re: A choice of systems Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Reading the 'what games are you playing' thread there seem to be some cracking games I'd like to give a go. The trouble being my archaic laptop wouldn'd pull the skin off a rice pudding graphics wise although it does fine with my day to day stuff so....

Would you recommend a gaming laptop or desktop which I would guess will set me back the best part of a grand or would buying an XBox or Playstation (about £500?)and keep my old laptop serve my puropse for gaming? That is obviously cheaper but are the games machines limited? I know nothing about them as my last games consul used to play ping pong!

Most of my coputer use is internet or office so I don't need anything special for that.

My inclination is to go for a gaming computer because i presume some games are for the xbox and some for the PS.

If you've only got £500 to spend then get a PlayStation 5. Will play current AAA games at 4K no problem. Don't muck about with a cheap PC they will be crap down at that price range.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 13 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Ayrton wrote:

What graphics card are you buying that costs that much?

My 4080 was £1200.

Embarassed

I see the 4080 as a pointless card, if you're already chucking away £1,200 on a GPU why not just pay the extra £500 and get the 4090.

Difference between a 4080 and a 4070Ti is about £400 but you only get a 20% bump in performance. The 4090 slaps the 4080 with a 30% boost in performance.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2