Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Modernise my XJ6 Divi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Paulo87
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Modernise my XJ6 Divi Reply with quote

Two ways to modernise my 2010 Divi.. either sell it for a newer bike or upgrade it with new bits.

I'd prefer to buy something (2 toddlers around leaves little time to play at being a mechanic) but I'm struggling to find something similar to the Divi.

Things I like:
- riding position isn't to racey or too upright
- it isn't massive (I'm 5'6)
- fairing gives weather protection - seems to rule out a lot of bikes Sad

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

xj900 divi?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:04 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
xj900 divi?
You're thinking he's on an air cooled Divvy, but he's actually on a Fazer alike thing.

I'd say something like a Tracer 900/Tracer 9 type job. I personally would probably go Street Triple 765R but you probably want lower cost and wind protection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulo87
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 2 look good.. thanks. The tracer seems a bit too upright like an adventure bike maybe?
Any chance of adding a custom fairing kit to the street triple? Are the they set up more aggressively, i.e. leaning forward? I guess a test ride wouldn't hurt. The triumph has the wow factor Cool

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:27 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulo87 wrote:
Those 2 look good.. thanks. The tracer seems a bit too upright like an adventure bike maybe?
Any chance of adding a custom fairing kit to the street triple? Are the they set up more aggressively, i.e. leaning forward? I guess a test ride wouldn't hurt. The triumph has the wow factor Cool

You'd be surprised, the little cap fairing does more than you think, although it probably won't *quite* be as good as the Divvy. It's not particularly aggressive in terms of riding position. It does have a slight forward tilt.

Why not check on https://cycle-ergo.com/ ?

(Hint, it's american so your bike is the XJ600S not the Diversion there, and I checked it against my street triple, a 2009 Street Triple R 675 and it's actually *less* leant forward than the Divvy).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Re: Modernise my XJ6 Divi Reply with quote

Paulo87 wrote:
Two ways to modernise my 2010 Divi.. either sell it for a newer bike or upgrade it with new bits.

I'd prefer to buy something (2 toddlers around leaves little time to play at being a mechanic) but I'm struggling to find something similar to the Divi.

Things I like:
- riding position isn't to racey or too upright
- it isn't massive (I'm 5'6)
- fairing gives weather protection - seems to rule out a lot of bikes Sad

Modernise? In what way? A 2010 machine is pretty new in any case for me. For thise still labouring under the impression it's the old carthorse version, OP has one of these I think..

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/yamaha/xj6-diversion/2009/

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! right!
If I cant stick a fag paper in the points and tickle the carb its all
new fangled nonsense to me

it were all fields round here........................

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mt09 good shout, if you want 4 cylinder, gsr750 or z800/900, Cb1000r all good fun. Triumph is excellent, but the riding position a little more sporty than some.

Paulo87
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 21 Jan 2024    Post subject: Re: Modernise my XJ6 Divi Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Modernise? In what way?

The little details.. gearbox is clunky and I have to rev to get into neutral, exhaust could be sweeter, scuffs on the mirrors, scratches here and there, and it creaks like leather seats in an old car (maybe the fairings?)

Nothing I couldn't live with but I have an opportunity to do something about it (inheritance)

I could go the other way and buy a new exhaust, get the paintwork (vinyl wrap?) and fairings smartened up.. but a newer bike sounds fun. And I have a 2 and 3 year old so not much time on my hands.

It's a shame they don't seem to make any half faired bikes these days. I'll see how I fair Laughing Rolling Eyes with the triumph and the gsr

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:11 - 21 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you look at adventure bikes?

Ugly aren't they, but they probably do what you want.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 22 Jan 2024    Post subject: Re: Modernise my XJ6 Divi Reply with quote

Paulo87 wrote:
A100man wrote:

Modernise? In what way?

The little details.. gearbox is clunky and I have to rev to get into neutral, exhaust could be sweeter, scuffs on the mirrors, scratches here and there, and it creaks like leather seats in an old car (maybe the fairings?)

Nothing I couldn't live with but I have an opportunity to do something about it (inheritance)

I could go the other way and buy a new exhaust, get the paintwork (vinyl wrap?) and fairings smartened up.. but a newer bike sounds fun. And I have a 2 and 3 year old so not much time on my hands.

It's a shame they don't seem to make any half faired bikes these days. I'll see how I fair Laughing Rolling Eyes with the triumph and the gsr

Gotcha..so how about the new Daytona 660 or it's Tiger stablemate?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:56 - 22 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't write the Tracer off without having a go on one, it's not an adventure bike, wouldn't do very well off road and they're pretty rapid.

I found the stock screen absolutely awful though (GT version) but YMMV. But it was a nice bike to ride and makes a good noise.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1