Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

D' ya like Dags?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 24 Jan 2024    Post subject: D' ya like Dags? Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68074038

Not sure if an X-Bully.

X-bully?? FFS... why are things so complicated today?

Anyway, another dangerous animal destroyed by police. That's something I can get behind. Thumbs Up

Dogs are not the biggest problem.

Coos are more of a problem and they don't need to be muzzled or kept on a leash.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:01 - 24 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

But coos taste better.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 24 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that the Scottish independence anglophobes have been getting wound up by rumours of English XL Bullies being moved to Scotland to escape the ban, consequently putting all Scots in danger of death by English dawg. However, as usual Holyrood looks to be towing the same line, albeit after a delay to pretend they’re especially thoughtful and distinct.

I recall the venerable Richard’s Bicycle Book suggested various ways to deal with an attacking dog, mostly lethal (to the canine), although when I read it in my skinny youth I imagined it would be a Labrador at worst.

This recent attack supposedly lasted 40 minutes. If I was the local witness I think I’d have come out of the flat with a kitchen knife instead of a bucket of cold water, and finished it while the dog was locked on to the man’s arm. (I’m always that brave when I read about these things Wink)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I was going to say that the Scottish independence anglophobes have been getting wound up by rumours of English XL Bullies being moved to Scotland to escape the ban, consequently putting all Scots in danger of death by English dawg. However, as usual Holyrood looks to be towing the same line, albeit after a delay to pretend they’re especially thoughtful and distinct.

I recall the venerable Richard’s Bicycle Book suggested various ways to deal with an attacking dog, mostly lethal (to the canine), although when I read it in my skinny youth I imagined it would be a Labrador at worst.

This recent attack supposedly lasted 40 minutes. If I was the local witness I think I’d have come out of the flat with a kitchen knife instead of a bucket of cold water, and finished it while the dog was locked on to the man’s arm. (I’m always that brave when I read about these things Wink)

Your mention of Richards Bicycle Book is commendable Sir.

With regards to our National Government: The Special Needs Party probably had no hand or opinion on this matter. They are more concerned with independence and social equality for a few dozen people of colour.

As to the some observer jagging a big bitey dug with a knife. Knives crime is enough to land oneself a spell in The Big Hoose or HMP Shotts.
So the dug might probably have just been Malkied with a fence post or a half-brick.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convert to Islam and run over it with a Truck of Peace™ Wink

Seriously though, hunting shotguns and rifles are - relative to handguns - easy to licence and purchase. Every block should have a dedicated marksman much the same as every organisation should have a First-Aider Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Interesting point. I have a crossbow and bolts in an easily accessable place. If I came out with them and shot the dog I can see me getting arrested for having an offensive weapon whether or not I was right in culling the animal. Same with knives, display swords or the like. The police seem to prefer dead bodies rather then vigilanties.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Re: D' ya like Dags? Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68074038

Not sure if an X-Bully.

X-bully?? FFS... why are things so complicated today?

Anyway, another dangerous animal destroyed by police. That's something I can get behind. Thumbs Up

Dogs are not the biggest problem.

Coos are more of a problem and they don't need to be muzzled or kept on a leash.

Mental thing is this happened about a 5 min walk from a Primary School. Also about 15 minutes from my own house Shocked

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Every block should have a dedicated marksman much the same as every organisation should have a First-Aider Smile

I think you mean something akin to a defibrillator?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Every block should have a dedicated marksman much the same as every organisation should have a First-Aider Smile

I think you mean something akin to a defibrillator?

AKA a Taser?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 25 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

An aside.

I think it must be a most disheartening feeling to taze some monster guy who going supercritical and he shrugs it off and keeps coming at you.

Like when you give someone you're very very bestest punch on the head and it has zero effect.

Always have an escape plan.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1