Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 23 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepsi Max isn't as good as it was.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:07 - 25 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old age. I spent the weekend pretending to be a builder, and now I can hardly stand up straight. I have temporarily acquired that 'bum out - lower back gone' stance that one often sees in old tradesmen....

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 25 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Pepsi Max isn't as good as it was.

I found Tesco's 'Coke Xero' to taste just as good , and only 50p a bottle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:28 - 25 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air friers. Fed up hearing about them.

It's not a miracle of our time. It's a mini fan oven that has no place to live and so takes up an unreasonable amount of worktop space.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:55 - 25 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

It's a mini fan oven

A bit like my microwave then, which has the added advantage of being a microwave...

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 26 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

It's not a miracle of our time. It's a mini fan oven that has no place to live and so takes up an unreasonable amount of worktop space.

No, you’re wrong. We have a Ninja Station, a wheeled trolley for the air fryer and grill. No worktop space required. No stove in our kitchen or microwave just air fryer, grill and multi cooker.

Oh the times we live in!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:51 - 26 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

No, you’re wrong. We have a Ninja Station, a wheeled trolley for the air fryer and grill. No worktop space required. No stove in our kitchen or microwave just air fryer, grill and multi cooker.

Oh the times we live in!

No pizza for you then.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 27 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
No pizza for you then.

An air fryer reheated slice of Domino's is the mutt's. Wub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:33 - 27 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
No pizza for you then.

An air fryer reheated slice of Domino's is the mutt's. Wub

Who eats one slice of pizza?

I don't like dominos, they put loads of semolina on the base.

I often make my own pizzas, they wouldn't fit in an air frier unless I made some stupid small rectangular thingy. Then I'd need to make six or eight of them to do both of us dinner. Then there's the unacceptable increase in crust to topping ratio.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:31 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make pizza using sun dried tomato pesto as the sauce

A spoonfuls per pie.
And less is more.

Make my own bread for it too.

What pissed me off today?

Weather is still shite.

Ps otto word fix, changed to word pesto to pasta.

Made me look like a prique.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 29 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Who eats one slice of pizza?

Someone with a modicum of restraint.

stinkwheel wrote:
I don't like dominos, they put loads of semolina on the base.

Any other pizza maker you prefer then. Really, air fryers don't discriminate Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel wrote:
I often make my own pizzas, they wouldn't fit in an air frier unless I made some stupid small rectangular thingy. Then I'd need to make six or eight of them to do both of us dinner. Then there's the unacceptable increase in crust to topping ratio.

Jesus.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:24 - 29 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, the sweet sound of air frier evangalism. Give it five years and they'll all be at the back of a cupboard gathering dust next to the electric toastie maker.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 29 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Ahh, the sweet sound of air frier evangalism. Give it five years and they'll all be at the back of a cupboard gathering dust next to the electric toastie maker.

I think given that the one I have at home gets used more than the gas oven and I have one at work which also sees a lot of use, its a little more than a fad.
Get one, don't get one, I couldn't give a bollox.
To slate them because they won't accommodate your artisan pizza though. Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:39 - 29 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

QED

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 30 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter's Peugeot 2008 has come up with an error P15A8. The Interwebs are mostly crying about the 2017 model chewing up wet belts and clogging the oil pickup. However, this one is a 2018 and the belt looks fine. (Oil level also fine.) No recalls on the Peugeot or government websites.

Either I get Peugeot to look at it or I might consider dropping the sump cover and checking out the pickup Thinking

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:24 - 30 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer chips and sausages/chicken strips/generic processed food here in the air fryer.

The oven gets used for any pizzas, joints, anything that typically needs more than 10 minutes.

But if I was having to pick one over the other, air fryer every time. Wink

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 30 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Daughter's Peugeot 2008 has come up with an error P15A8. The Interwebs are mostly crying about the 2017 model chewing up wet belts and clogging the oil pickup.

I have a 2016 model, and somehow was unaware of this potential issue before I bought it - bit of a distressed purchase I suppose, and I didn't do my due diligence.
I wasn't actually aware you could assess the belt by eye... I thought th e story was these belts would kill your engine at random with no warning. Where do you get at it for inspection, then, and what am I looking for?
Belt is supposed to be changed at 10 years; as I'm highly likely to keep the car past 10 years anyway, I'm thinking I may just do it early for peace of mind...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 30 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
I wasn't actually aware you could assess the belt by eye... I thought th e story was these belts would kill your engine at random with no warning. Where do you get at it for inspection, then, and what am I looking for?
Belt is supposed to be changed at 10 years; as I'm highly likely to keep the car past 10 years anyway, I'm thinking I may just do it early for peace of mind...

If you have the 1.2 petrol engine the oil filler cap should be on the left hand side of the engine. Peek in there and you should see a bit of the belt on the top cog. If the back of the belt looks like it's starting to disintegrate then you can be 100% certain* the oil pickup filter down in the sump is getting clogged. Changing the belt may involve removing the engine due to certain bolts being inaccessible Shocked The oil pump may also be toast but probably just the filter needs cleaning if caught early enough. The replacement belt should hold up a lot longer than the original - in the problem engines they were lasting less than 6 years / 60,000 miles.

*If the back looks fine then it's 50/50 as you can't really see the belt teeth disintegrating from that angle.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
If you have the 1.2 petrol engine the oil filler cap should be on the left hand side of the engine. Peek in there and you should see a bit of the belt on the top cog [...]

Thanks for this - will check it out. Do you happen to know definitively how to find out whether a particular vehicle is/was affected? There's no outstanding recalls (but that could just mean it's been dealt with by a previous owner). There's so much 'interwebs crying', as you put it, about the engine that it's hard to find a straightforward answer to this.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm calling my local Peugeot dealer after Easter and they should be able to check the reg/vin against their records on whether there's any outstanding recalls or if the work has already been done.

Noise is a big problem with Google Search. I can find plenty about 2017 engines with this fault but it drowns out discerning what other models might be affected. From the videos I've seen on YouTube it seems to be certain years for small Peugeot and Citroën engines.

Plan A - contact Peugeot, will they acknowledge the problem, will they fix it for free?

Plan B - go through the motions of an oil change with the extra step of removing the sump cover* and eyeballing the oil pickup. Minimum would then be to clean out the pickup and plan for a wet belt change if the pickup is indeed clogged.

*Surface clean + gasket goo to refit.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 01 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

the amount of adverts on the radio Evil or Very Mad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 02 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy with Peugeot but "word on the street" (from daughter's friend who's a mechanic) is loads of these are going wonky regardless of year and recall status Sad Minimum for wet belt replacement + oil pickup cleanout £800 Shocked

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:48 - 05 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the optician to have my eyes tested (I think for the first time ever beyond a can you read this line of letters) because I noticed I was struggling to read the numbers on pilot jets.

Tested my eyes and told me I need glasses for distance vision because I have astigmatism. Also reading glasses.

Now it became apparent quickly that the reading glasses were very minimal, I can read the smallest letters they had without them but I'll admit it was a bit easier with the lenses so I thought it would probably be handy for doing delicate surgery and the odd bit of electronic soldering etc.

I did say at the time I was confused because I've never really noticed a problem with distance vision. I can read roadsigns from twice the distance Mrs stinkwheel can even when she is wearing her glasses.

Fair enough, ordered one of each, give it a try. Picked them up today. The readers work as expected. Put the distance ones on "What do you think?". Immediate response was "I feel sick.".

"Oh, that's just your brain getting used to them, keep at it and you'll notice a big difference.".

I've worn them for ten minutes. They gave me tunnel vision, blur both my distance and peripheral vision and I almost physically honked up then fell up the stairs. It's been two hours now since I took them off and I still feel like I'm seasick.

That's £90 I'll never see again.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 05 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Went to the optician to have my eyes tested

i think the bulk of opticians are scam artists these days. telling you you need new eye glasses when you dont.

at my last test they said i would need new lenses. i bought some and they are no different from my previous glasses as far as i can tell.

they caught my dad with the long distance lens thing last time he went to the opticians. Evil or Very Mad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 05 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum got sold "distance lenses" for driving. I did the whole "can you read this numberplate?" L-test thing and she could read at over twice the required distance.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 176 of 178