Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Help a fellow biker fight mental health...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:06 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
...a coherent sentence and know something about bikes...

I must have blinked and missed that.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that slowasyoulike pussy upvoted you because he needs support... Still can't fess up and say what his problem is with me. I've no idea who he is - don't even remember any of his posts. I'm honored to have made my mark on him. Wink

Remember me, slow boy.

Oh yeah, about bikes... They're not rocket science. I know about them and what I don't know, I know where and how to get that information, to meet my goals. Could be a bike I'm building, or a project bike, or a repair, etc. This is why I don't need your homo bonding sessions. You can cry about it and call me arrogant. At least I'm not mental...

Last edited by Bhud on 00:12 - 28 Mar 2024; edited 1 time in total

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:10 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Still can't fess up and say what his problem is with me.

You're a boring twat who talks in word salad. Will that do?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowasyoulike wrote:

You're a boring twat who talks in word salad. Will that do?

You're an illiterate autistic, dyslexic moron who classifies people based on your own obvious intellectual deficiencies. Just because I can spell my own name doesn't mean I don't know more about machinery than you do. Get your head around that.

And you're still too much of a coward to explain why you took issue with me in the first place (i.e. the snipping the wire to the light thing). Go on, what's your real forum id? Come out with it. What's your problem?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:21 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffs stop beating about the Bush, say what you really feel or get a room.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you take an interest in something you go and learn about it. Other people are generally interested in the same thing, everyone encourages each other and the people who are teaching are happy that people are interested in it and are learning about it. It's a cool environment. You could be learning about foreign languages, computers, art, archaeology, anything at all. Everyone's cool and everyone's happy to be there.

Then we come to motorbikes. All of a sudden it's like a prison environment where you have these dudes who think you've got to be one of the boys, and if you aren't you become one of (their) girls. What just happened here was a typical status game. Guy picks out a random post from someone who doesn't post here much (me) and instantly, literally, goes to dehumanisation. It's hard to believe we're supposed to be grown-ups. I'm sure you lot don't want to hear how I don't really like ex-military, convicts, engineers, etc. But anyway, this is a written medium, I do like the sound of my own voice in pixels, and I would have thought (since it's 2024) that everyone who struggles with this would have created a Youtube channel already. More status points there.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies. Make love: not war.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/200/274/tumblr_lpo4qe65UI1qzpsuoo1_1280.png

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not going well ...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/first.png

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'see?
all this name calling, spitting, biting and scratching and stuff
that goes on here...

This is why we cant have nice things

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fk off....

It's this sort off exchange of ideas that's made BCF so interesting.

Who hasn't went trawling through F&FW section like a ghoul?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

But..
Think of the children!

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Fk off....

I am doing it just now. This one where some cunt loaned a cunt he didn't know £5,000 has tickled me Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=271080

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
MCN wrote:
Fk off....

I am doing it just now. This one where some cunt loaned a cunt he didn't know £5,000 has tickled me Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=271080

I must have 'loaned' well over 20k to my kids over the years with no hope of getting it back. I is a stupid cvnt as well Laughing Should have pissed it all up against the wall instead. Thumbs Up

Not that has anything to do with this thread unless someone is going to donate 6K to the loony who started the thread. Then they should take notice.

TravisBickle
Formerly known as
DUCAUDI

PostPosted: 20:42 - 28 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I must have 'loaned' well over 20k to my kids over the years with no hope of getting it back. I is a stupid cvnt as well Laughing Should have pissed it all up against the wall instead. Thumbs Up

Not that has anything to do with this thread unless someone is going to donate 6K to the loony who started the thread. Then they should take notice.

I had racked up £25k worth of debt by the time I was 21 and my Dad remortgaged his house to pay off my debts.

To thank him for his sacrifice I'm sticking him in a care home next week.

Whoever said parenthood isn't rewarding?

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:36 - 30 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUCAUDI wrote:
...To thank him for his sacrifice I'm sticking him in a care home next week.

A just recompense for the great parenting job he did. Dance! Good on you; may your children reward you likewise.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUCAUDI wrote:
To thank him for his sacrifice I'm sticking him in a care home next week.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/472/561/e3e.png
AlexArcvarden This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:35 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
This week I learned about what a Feistel network is, and how it works. It's great. I also learned for the first time what speculative execution is, in a CPU (I didn't even know it existed - that's how out of date I am). But if I got carried away at this point and signed up for an OU course in computer science, I'd probably break something. If you flick a coin away from you, it will travel some distance. This is your potential. If you grab a coin and throw it as far as you can, that's a longer distance (my potential). If you launch a coin into space using rockets, that's the Buddha's potential. Every material, every tool, every system has its limits before you break something. Therefore, if you go ride your bike, come home, have a beer, that's most likely as good as it gets in (your) life, and if you're aware of that, you won't get "mental health" problems. Flight of Icarus. Just my opinion.

I haven't posted on this forum since February but your posts have made me log back in. I don't mean to be insensitive but the above ramblings aren't normal are they? Why are you talking about launching a coin into space on a thread about a scammer seeking money because he's sad?
I notice you called someone autistic, but experience tells me that your writing style is indicative of autism, as is your reaction to banter on the forum.

I'll log back out now, nothing further to add. T'ra a bit.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:

I haven't posted on this forum since February but your posts have made me log back in. I don't mean to be insensitive but the above ramblings aren't normal are they?

Maybe you just didn't understand them and need to read them again. Or maybe you took offence because I don't actually pretend to care whereas other people do. I try to be polite rather than appear normal. Because being in tune with people on this forum probably doesn't make you "normal" - it has about 5 or 6 users all with direct personal experience of being abnormal, knowing someone abnormal, knowing all about abnormality, etc. So take from that what you will.

Quote:
Why are you talking about launching a coin into space on a thread about a scammer seeking money because he's sad?

The coin analogy is intended to reflect that I don't believe all people have the same innate potential.
For example, your verbal reasoning vs mine. Whose do you think is better? Seriously?

Quote:
I notice you called someone autistic, but experience tells me that your writing style is indicative of autism, as is your reaction to banter on the forum.

Yes, you hear a lot about autism on this forum and it's a great place to learn all about it first hand. Stick around and tell us more.

Quote:
I'll log back out now, nothing further to add. T'ra a bit.

Oh do come back! I highly value your opinion and respect you a lot, and was waiting for your input and will surely take it to heart.

Toodeloo now!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I'm reminded of the line...

Ricky Gervais wrote:
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm alive.

Wink

And my point about potential (the coin) stands.

You can buy whatever you like, do whatever useless work you like, and stick a turbo on it for points if you feel it helps.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
On Reddit, you can look up people who appear to take a dislike to you for whatever reason, and 9 times out of 10 the unhappy people who just want to pick an argument have a major issue with the guy in the mirror. You look up their previous posts and they're trans, BPD, depressed, broke, antiwork, etc. Then you just block them. It's strange you decided to vent against me on a forum with perhaps 5 or 6 active users on it, but you do it your way and I'll do it mine. Enemied (blocked).

Very true.

I don't even bother to look them up.

These days, social media twats make themselves very obvious from about three sentences in, you can tell the kind of cunt they are going to be. Because usually within three sentences they've told you what their particular thing is: "I'm Ronnie Pickering!" syndrome.

I just ignore them, I almost never waste my time blocking someone.
I just move on. The world is a big place, and the internet is even bigger.
(although interestingly, sometimes its even smaller Laughing )

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a nice word salad.

Makes a change from Puke frisee Puke

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 10 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Very true.

I don't even bother to look them up.

These days, social media twats make themselves very obvious from about three sentences in, you can tell the kind of cunt they are going to be. Because usually within three sentences they've told you what their particular thing is: "I'm Ronnie Pickering!" syndrome.

I just ignore them, I almost never waste my time blocking someone.
I just move on. The world is a big place, and the internet is even bigger.
(although interestingly, sometimes its even smaller Laughing )

So true. I only mess about with social media and don't take it too seriously. Mostly because it takes very little to get banned. BCF isn't that different insofar as you get a very high proportion of people with self-reported "problems" here. The difference is the age and perceived common interest thing. You see, I was interested in motorcycles before the internet, and I would still be interested in them if BCF didn't exist. I don't think that's true for the people who've joined up here in recent years. Basically, guys in their 50s who decide to take up motorcycles tend to flock here. I think in the past it was mostly your friends who used to use this forum for a laugh and a joke. Now you've got these guys trying to play catch-up, they do their DAS, buy an MT-10 or whatever, and think they've found a mens' group of some sort here, where everyone is angry, far right, righteously setting the world to rights, etc. That's the perception of this forum and what drew them here. They were never into bikes - it's an image thing, living up to an imagined ideal of a hardman grandparent or a legendary tough-guy generation or something. So what happens is, despite the stuff they buy and the failed eternal projects, etc. they're still unhappy, because they were never into bikes. They're not, and cannot ever be, just satisfied with riding bikes like normal people. So it's back to this forum to analyse what went wrong.

For me, it was 50cc moped, several C90s and then a 125 (on CBT) for a long time, then a succession of unglamorous big bikes that sometimes didn't work, which I then had to fix. Finally, I'm into weird or oddball bikes which are projects. So things like replacing a bent shift fork on an ER5 were all part of my journey. These are steps that these guys have never done, so it all becomes part of building a profile on imaginary status. To do this: fall back on bicycle 2-stroke engine kits, Ebay turbos, etc. until they build an illusion that they are someone who knows something. For real, that's all I think goes on here nowadays. I've never felt the urge to fuck around with an Arduino, for example. I can go for a ride, buy a bottle of Coke and everything's fine. These people (not just the cruise control guy) are nuts. They will even tell you that in the Auntie section. Diagnose this, top themselves doing that, prescription this or that, etc. So yeah, when it comes to that Travis Bickle nutjob, slow guy, Easy-X, etc. it all comes from there. It's just completely ludicrous. Who are these weirdos who came out of the woodwork? It would be nice if they just went away and had nothing to do with my hobby, but that's not something I can force. I was obsessed with bikes since the late 80s, as a kid.

I imagine them to be like this guy (buys what he thinks is suitably impressive, powdercoats and paints to show competence, doesn't know if the injectors fire sequentially, hasn't done a compression test, etc.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh32ZBBQZ90

And of course in all that time he didn't ride it. He never bought it to ride it! He did it to have a mens' mental health circle.

So it's like social mediam but with differences. Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 11 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.giphy.com/ABgNxvbk95V3W.webp
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4