Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ukraine war and when Russia will collaps?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:56 - 14 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Euro Twats are going to pay for DragonFire?! Seems unlikely.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 14 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particularly low blow even for the Russians:

Ukraine war: Russian double-tap strikes hit civilians then rescuers too

tl;dr fire artillery/missiles at civilians, wait for emergency services to turn up, fire again Sad Fuck UN conventions, this doesn't even square with what Putin's said in the past about post-conflict Ukrainian-Russian relations.

As far as we can tell the best case scenario for the Russians is to steal annex Luhansk & Donetsk, add Zaporizhzhia & Kherson in the peace talks and form a new Russian region of "East Ukraine." Install puppet pro-Russian government in Kyiv. Job done, let's go home lads.

These sort of very explicit targeting of civilians may demoralise but regardless of how the war turns out I can see Russians of all walks of life needing to watch their backs for one or two generations Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 14 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

These sort of very explicit targeting of civilians may demoralise but regardless of how the war turns out I can see Russians of all walks of life needing to watch their backs for one or two generations Shocked

Why would you think that? Muslims have been blowing up, stabbing, crashing planes into civilian buildings since 2001 and they don't get targetted. More the opposite, a protected species.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 14 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ukrainians are already doing a few assassinations on Russian soil. I don't think Putin will be able to subjugate the country without some cost. Attacking civilians is bad enough but going out of your way to kill off fire trucks and ambulances? People tend to remember such things.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:13 - 14 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Attacking civilians is bad enough but going out of your way to kill off fire trucks and ambulances? People tend to remember such things.

The Israelis are likely to find out the same thing.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 14 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The Israelis are likely to find out the same thing.

Indeed. At one point in history Ukrainians and Russians were the same people. Previously Putin referred to them as [ethnically] brothers. Now it's the red-headed stepchild treatment Neutral

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 17 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why US, the UK and France can shot down Iranian drones and cruise missiles headed to Israel (I agree with that) but cannot shot down Russian drones and cruise missiles over Ukraine? Seriously why?

David Cameron said on LBC the reason is NATO trying to avoid NATO troops confronting russian troops. Dmytro Kuleba, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, also on LBC said ad far Ukraine is aware there are no russian troops on the cruise missiles and drones.

Its about time NATO to close the air space over Ukraine and start doing its job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:12 - 17 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Why US, the UK and France can shot down Iranian drones and cruise missiles headed to Israel (I agree with that) but cannot shot down Russian drones and cruise missiles over Ukraine?

They can, but they don't want to. Theres a big difference to gifting or selling arms to a country at war to actively shooting down their enemy's kit.

Shooting down Russian kit that isn't over NATO airspace by a NATO nation is involving NATO in a war with Russia.

Ukraine is not a member of NATO.

If you can't understand any of this, I suggest you read it again until you do.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 17 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Val wrote:
Why US, the UK and France can shot down Iranian drones and cruise missiles headed to Israel (I agree with that) but cannot shot down Russian drones and cruise missiles over Ukraine?

They can, but they don't want to. Theres a big difference to gifting or selling arms to a country at war to actively shooting down their enemy's kit.

Shooting down Russian kit that isn't over NATO airspace by a NATO nation is involving NATO in a war with Russia.

Ukraine is not a member of NATO.

If you can't understand any of this, I suggest you read it again until you do.

Shooting Russian drones over Ukraine is not war on Russia, the same way US shutting down Iran drones is not war with Iran. Also Russia itself it’s not in war they say it’s special military operation. It’s merely US and UK honouring their commitment to defend Ukraine for letting go of the nuclear weapons. Israel is not NATO member either. My question is still valid. Those are facts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 17 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
It’s merely US and UK honouring their commitment to defend Ukraine for letting go of the nuclear weapons.

What commitment would that be?

There’s a thousand miles between Iran and Israel. Plenty of time to intercept. In contrast the Russians are just lobbing them over the border.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
...not war with Iran.

You think we're not already at war with Iran? The Iranians seem to have a different view.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:02 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

You think we're not already at war with Iran? The Iranians seem to have a different view.

Well they aren't very powerful and have oil so they fit the criteria for an attack from the West. Although we are struggling with mighty Yemen (1/3rd of it) at the moment so they've got a bit of time.

Actually, they do have a sizeable army so we'd probably lob our bombs and missiles at them from a distance for a bit. Assuming we haven't given them all to Ukraine.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 07:57 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
It’s merely US and UK honouring their commitment to defend Ukraine for letting go of the nuclear weapons.

So NATO has no agreement to honour then?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:39 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Why US, the UK and France can shot down Iranian drones and cruise missiles headed to Israel (I agree with that) but cannot shot down Russian drones and cruise missiles over Ukraine? Seriously why?

If only things were as simple and straightforward as you make them out to be.

This page explains it quite well: https://www.forces.net/explainers/threat-sky-why-ukrainian-and-israeli-airspace-cant-be-defended-same-way

Those are facts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC surmises 50000 Russian soldiers have died since the conflict began. Sounds pretty bad but they don't say how many Ukranians have died.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68819853

An American intelligence has it's own ideas. President Zelensky has said 31,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed since 2022. US officials, however, believe at least 70,000 have died and many more are injured.

Ukraine are lowering the conscription age from 27 to 25 to get some new cannon fodder for the front line.

I can see the US scaling back support for Ukraine even if Trump doesn't get in and if he does Ukraine can say bye bye to US support. It will be interesting to see if the EU (especially Germany) throw more weapons at Ukraine to make up for the US deficit but it's not likely. The EU can talk the talk but they won't walk the walk when it costs them so much.

In reality I can see Ukraine forced to the negotiating table by the end of the year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68840261

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

70,000 sounds about right. Russia's losses are probably more like 150,000. That's a lot but those that are left are that bit more battle-hardened.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not sure if even Trump could be seen to abandon Ukraine to the old enemy. I don’t think he’ll win anyway, despite the best, mad efforts of the Democrats in keeping Biden when he’s clearly suffering from dementia. Trump’s core voters will remain, but he got in last time by convincing a significant number of floating voters to take a punt on someone new and different. I doubt they were impressed enough to go a second time.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
70,000 sounds about right. Russia's losses are probably more like 150,000. That's a lot but those that are left are that bit more battle-hardened.

I saw an article where Indian men from poor areas were being lured to work in Russia as 'security guards' for £1000/month - big money there.
After two weeks training they were shipped off to front line with predictable consequences, a few eventually made it home with various bits missing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 19 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I saw an article where Indian men from poor areas were being lured to work in Russia as 'security guards' for £1000/month - big money there.
After two weeks training they were shipped off to front line with predictable consequences, a few eventually made it home with various bits missing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-68767470
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20