Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 15 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of making myself some mushroom soup (normal, not magic*)

*never tried them (yet) - never got round to it... Thinking

It already looks and tastes awesome but I have to simmer it down so its rich and creamy, and then I can whizz it through the blender thingie.

It went like this:
    * Melt huge knob of butter
    * Fry four big field mushrooms (diced)
    * Add garlic (a frozen ice-cube of garlic, cut in half cos there's only me)
    * Four slices of milano salami chopped up (there would be six but the dog and I had one each) - might add more later
    * A heaped teaspoon of chilli flakes
    * 50g of coconut cream (got a block in the fridge already)

So I fried all that lot together, added salt and pepper and about a pint of water and now I am waiting for it to turn into rich mushroomy goodness.

At which point I will blend it, reheat and then add a dollop of smetana and a sprinkle of spring onions. Wub (maybe another piece of Milano salami, if the dog happens to be looking the other way Shifty )

Best keto soup ever. Maybe 5g of carbs, if that. It already tastes amazing and by the time its cooked, it will be legendary. Dance!

I actually bought a tin of cream of mushroom soup at the shop (for £1.69, daylight robbery!) cos I was feeling lazy - was gonna reheat it - but then I thought, I can make better than this!

So I am Cool Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:53 - 15 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
huge knob of butter

Fnar!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 15 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twat Laughing

Can I just say, the soup was, of course, divine.
It smelt and tasted so good, I ended up not putting it through the blender, so it was slightly less thick and velvety than I was planning.

But it was still fucking excellent: sort of broth-y instead. Garlicky-as Wub
The dollop of smetana and chopped spring onions were the perfect accompaniment.

And there's enough there for my lunch tomorrow (gonna deffo blenderise that lot)

I fuckin love keto food - gives me the motivation to cook nice things.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 16 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ayrton wrote:
I have dyslexia...

I saw some research on a dyslexic-friendly font, something like https://opendyslexic.org/. Does it make any difference?

Seems to be a lot easier and faster to read. Thanks for sharing, I didn't know about this. I switched my kindle to it too and it's even better on there. I read before that dyslexic people prefer cursive fonts like comic sans, which I always thought made more sense than blocky fonts as it looks a lot more similar to my handwriting.

Back when I was studying a lot for university I used to have coloured plastic filters I'd lay over pages that would make everything easier to read too.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 16 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The dollop of smetana

Fnar?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 17 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Twat Laughing

Can I just say, the soup was, of course, divine.
It smelt and tasted so good, I ended up not putting it through the blender, so it was slightly less thick and velvety than I was planning.

But it was still fucking excellent: sort of broth-y instead. Garlicky-as Wub
The dollop of smetana and chopped spring onions were the perfect accompaniment.

And there's enough there for my lunch tomorrow (gonna deffo blenderise that lot)

I fuckin love keto food - gives me the motivation to cook nice things.

You posted that just before I was out for food shop so got the big mushrooms and garlic but added chorizo sausage for a bit of chilli-ness.
Worked quite well I tried a bit when I made it but was better for being in fridge overnight and reheated today what was left.
Probably spent about £1.50 on ingredients so similar to a can on full price but was a lot nicer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 17 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mr. Green
Yeah, my second lot for lunch the next day was also much nicer, but then I blended it, so it was also thicker.
Chorizo is a good call, I would have used that if I had some too.

Much better than the tinned stuff Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 18 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunshine!

The temptation to sack off work today and take the dog on a 3 hour walk in the hills is large...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 20 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Sunshine!

The temptation to sack off work today and take the dog on a 3 hour walk in the hills is large...

Work is pre sacked, the hills are alive with the sound of barking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 24 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago my ex managed to get his hands on a bike (an Intruder, I think - 1400cc) which sounds proper bad-ass, and he's just got it back out of the garage.

Actually, it sounds like a bag of spanners but it makes my Sportster sound like a pussy.

I'm sure eventually the novelty will wear off and you can hear the engine is "not quite right" ... but currently he doesn't care as he's been off the road for quite a while for the last couple of years for various reasons.

I've not been out riding with him yet, so I'm really looking forward to an afternoon out.
(although I will be on my much more polite-sounding GSX750) ...

Might have to take him into town for brunch on a Saturday afternoon and demurely sip a flat white while he makes a knob of himself Mr. Green

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neighbourhood kid with a 125cc thinks I'm some sort of mechanical genius, ever since I helped him start his bike. After he assured me it absolutley would not start, becuase it was out of petrol, it wasn't.
Bike has a fuel light, and a fuel tap, and a choke with mutitple positions. It is a chinese clone of a Honda, I think.

I have since helped him a few times. Last week I saw him with the tank off, draining fuel into an open container, which was leaking, in the street Shocked I gave him a funnel and a jerry can, and told him and his sister not to vape and make sure they change before they do,and to store the fuel at the end of the back garden, not underneath the lounge window of the terrace house.

Most recently he wanted to borrow a 26mm spanner, cos he just bought a toolset, and only went up to 24. Doh!

He took the rear wheel off the other day, but left the cover on in a gale and the bike blew over.

He bodges this thing up most days, and somehow keeps it running, and he's just a kid, so I don't mind helping him.

It just amuses me, he thinks I know anything about mechanics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103
Page 103 of 103