Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do the Tories want to lose the next election?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 01 May 2024    Post subject: Re: Do the Tories want to lose the next election? Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
What did Diane Abbott do to get herself suspended from the Labour party? Thinking

I think the final straw was her having said something along the line that Jews didn't experience racism* like the blacks did.
Shocked

(* and Irish and Travellers)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:10 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Re: Do the Tories want to lose the next election? Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Ste wrote:
What did Diane Abbott do to get herself suspended from the Labour party? Thinking

I think the final straw was her having said something along the line that Jews didn't experience racism* like the blacks did.
Shocked

(* and Irish and Travellers)

Irish travellers are absolute cvnts. There are meant to be about 60000 in the UK and pound for pound they cause more trouble than a bunch of Islamic terrorists.

Diane is a member of 'Blacks can't be racist' but “The problem in Britain is not immigration, the problem in Britain is white people.”

Hopefully she, a person who has done nothing with her life except milk the 'I'm an MP' and shag Jeremy Corbyn is history.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think I celebrated Abbott's swift demise almost as much as other people celebrated the death of Thatch.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Yes I think I celebrated Abbott's swift demise almost as much as other people celebrated the death of Thatch.

Trouble is when Labour win the next election she will be welcomed back into the fold faster than a rabbit up anyones naughty bits.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:06 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Trouble is when Labour win the next election she will be welcomed back into the fold faster than a rabbit up anyones naughty bits.

Point of order: it's more a case of the Tories losing the next election, Labour will form the next government by default. "Winning" implies they need to put some effort in, i.e. "winning over the voters" (which I've seen no evidence of so far.)

Day after the election the MSM will be trumpeting how great things will be with Queer Stammer as PM but once the first scandal hits (I give it a week) the election turnout will be touted as the government not having a mandate.

Take the Kingswood by-election in 2024:

Labour 11,176 votes, Conservative 8,675 (37% turnout)

Versus 2019:

Conservative 27,712 votes, Labour 16,492 (77% turnout)

Damien Egan is an MP because Tory voters abstained in large numbers, no one was enthusiastically voting for him... not even Labour voters! Only 17% of the electorate like the guy even though, relatively speaking, he's a local.

Sources:
Kingswood Election Results 2024
Kingswood Election Results 2019

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:48 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather hoping for a hung parliament. Looks like Labour are going to get in but it would be ideal if they have no majority and land up being unable to do anything much.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I'm rather hoping for a hung parliament.

I agree that most things in life would be better without an inept government sticking its oar in but then civil servants would continue rubberstamping a million plus visas per year Sad Two terms of status quo pretty much means abandoning England to the British assuming they manage to jam another 20 million in.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 03 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I'm rather hoping for a hung parliament. Looks like Labour are going to get in but it would be ideal if they have no majority and land up being unable to do anything much.

Once I would have agreed but we’ve seen Con/Lib and SNP/Green alliances and it didn’t go well in either case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:25 - 03 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Once I would have agreed but we’ve seen Con/Lib and SNP/Green alliances and it didn’t go well in either case.

Dunno. Con/Lib didn't get much done. The SNP/Green wasn't minority enough.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 04 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Quote:
Sky News projection: Labour on course to be largest party - but short of overall majority

Using the latest figures from the local elections, it can be projected that Labour is on course to be the largest party in parliament - but falls short of a Commons majority by 32 seats.

By Professor Michael Thrasher, Sky News elections analyst

That means LabLibDem coalition government and electoral reform with proportional representation in the next parliament.

https://i.imgur.com/NRmY3pg.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:33 - 04 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local council elections tell a wholly different story. More libs than tories.

Who is it who 'owns' sky? Is it someone called Murdoch who incidentally also owns Fox news who kept pushing Trump's big lie??

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 05 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruella today at Laura Toriesberg:

Quote:
We are too soft we need to remove all taxes, leave ECHR and start drawing legal migrants. That will teach em.Otherwise we can lose all our MPs

I hope Sunak listen to her that is the way Tories will lose all their MPs Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:36 - 06 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unfortunate side-effect of the Zero Seats campaign is the bleed over to council seats. Despite the MSM trumpeting of Labour the big shift seems to be to Libs and Residents - the slimy and the shiftless Sad
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3