Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

General Election 2024

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:28 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Being an old fart who has seen what Labour do to the country, I'm petrified as this is the first time they have ever got in power with no money. Every other time they have had money.

Nobby says 'How are they going to bankrupt the country any more than it already is?' lol. If you have seen the amount of labour governments I have, get ready for a very fucked economy.

2005 was when Labour lost to the Tory/Liberal coallition in the midst of a worldwide recession. The tories have caused the country to be rediculously in debt at the same time as not being able to fix fucking potholes.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/include/ukgs_chartDp11t.png

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 22:34 - 23 May 2024; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pulling back gives a better overall perspective.

Polarbear wrote:
Being an old fart who has seen what Labour do to the country, I'm petrified as this is the first time they have ever got in power with no money. Every other time they have had money.

Nobby says 'How are they going to bankrupt the country any more than it already is?' lol. If you have seen the amount of labour governments I have, get ready for a very fucked economy.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_analysis#:~:text=UK%20Total%20Government%20Debt%20in%20the%2020th%20Century&text=It%20jerked%20above%20150%20percent,over%2080%20percent%20of%20GDP.

Have a gander at the charts.

Labour has won eight out of 28 general elections since 1918.

[edit] This to my mind shows that for the longest time the population hasn't received good service regardless of the party.
Almost a waste of time to say oh so n so are better at economics than the others as anyone knows economics is a game that uses nebulas rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about politics . Why is it only Labour or Conservatives why do none of the other parties ever get in . Am I missing something? Surely everyone can see that they are both cunts . So why don't people vote for any of the others ??

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Fear is the short answer.

Fear of something that departs from the perceived normal although that Party may have ideas that align with many people.

Hands up who wants change...Hands up who will change.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
struan80 wrote:
We're doomed.

Agreed. Normally I’d dislike a coalition but with the standard of politicians we currently have, the statist, high tax, left-leaning and ineffectual new-Conservatives (having been occupied by people who ought to be Liberals) and the right-leaning new New Labour with its commie wing waiting in the wings there’s not much to choose between the two main parties.

struan80 wrote:
But it's fair to say people's standard of living has increased a heck of a lot since I was a lad. Brought up on a council estate with an alcoholic father.

Sad but your examples are all about your Dad and not the prevailing political situation.

struan80 wrote:
When push comes to shove I'd vote for any party who wants to let more research into cannabis and let people do what they want to do with regard self medication with cannabis. And if they want get that little bit of happiness after a joint.

There may be a role for controlled cannabis medication for some diseases (perhaps better treated by other drugs) but long-term it’s been shown to be neurologically harmful. Still, all drugs have side effects. You pays your money and you makes your choice. Personally I wouldn’t go for it, and if it’s recreational, forget it.
struan80 wrote:
Maybe I'll waste a vote on Liberal.

I used to do this until the Cameron coalition. Wasters. Never again.
struan80 wrote:
I will probably vote SNP as they are the only real option to get more powers in Edinburgh, perhaps Independence of some description.

They’re not interested in independence although it’s been a useful tool to deceive an unchanging 48% of the electorate. Devolution as a means to show how an independent Scotland (or Wales or NI) could thrive has had the opposite outcome.
struan80 wrote:
Scotland under SNP....No prescription charges, no university fees, yep free education.

Freebies? The rUK taxpayer days you’re welcome…

I surrender Laughing You have ripped me to shreds but I don't agree with all your points.

I agree we are doomed. Bet we'll always have enough cash for a big Mac.

Can you blame me for wanting Scotland to rule itself. Fucking Roland rat is out pm, don't actually need to say more. Plus I fancy Nicola Sturgeon. I would like an independant look at the world outwith the UK views on world affairs. Mini American fuckwits we are.

Yep we get free prescriptions and University fees thanks to mouthy southies having to pay tax on there 200k salaries. Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

dransy wrote:
I know nothing about politics . Why is it only Labour or Conservatives why do none of the other parties ever get in . Am I missing something? Surely everyone can see that they are both cunts . So why don't people vote for any of the others ??

Because neither party is extreme in global terms, but either one given long enough in power will become complacent, either drifting beyond their electoral remit or becoming ineffective, thus the electorate call for a change. It has worked because the pendulum swing isn’t too wild and over time the sensible middle ground dominates, with either party’s worst excesses being punished. The British tolerate the expression of extreme views and allow them to gently influence the consensus while never adopting them into the mainstream.

I used to think the Liberals were the sensible compromise but the Lib Dems haven’t shown themselves in a good light given Nick Clegg’s coalition compromise failures, Tim Farron’s confused Christian stance, Jo Swindon’s nannyish disregard for the referendum, and Ed Davey’s failure in the Post Office Minister role.

Still, in modern times I think the two-party state isn’t working anymore, yet I think coalitions may be ineffective compromises.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people vote for the Uniparty? They're effectively given no other option. The MSM don't entertain anyone outside the big players. Unless voters take the time to "do their own research" - which coincidentally we're told not to do... by the MSM - they won't know any alternative exists. The mask is starting to slip given Gen Z don't even know who the MSM even is but youth aren't ones to turn out to vote.

I'd prophesise we will have to endure at least two more abysmal parliamentary terms before anyone considers something radical like Representative Democracy. i.e. when MSM is dead.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

dransy wrote:

I wont attempt to badly explain it right now as I've had a couple of beers and I'm not the the sharpest tool in the shed when I'm sober, but look into 'First past the post' vs 'proportional representation' and that may well answer your question and a few others you didnt ask.

Its a real tragedy in our voting system IMO
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see Cruella, Mogg, Sunak and 30p Lee faces when they lose their seats Laughing Laughing Laughing

virus wrote:
dransy wrote:

I wont attempt to badly explain it right now as I've had a couple of beers and I'm not the the sharpest tool in the shed when I'm sober, but look into 'First past the post' vs 'proportional representation' and that may well answer your question and a few others you didnt ask.

Its a real tragedy in our voting system IMO

True. You need true democratic voting system like Germany.

In the UK over 22.6 million votes (70.8%) did not contribute to electing an MP. Means 70% of the votes are lost.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/latest-news-and-research/publications/the-2019-general-election-voters-left-voiceless/#sub-section-27

In Germany all votes count for electing MP

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/how-does-proportional-representation-work-in-germany/

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I'd prophesise we will have to endure at least two more abysmal parliamentary terms before anyone considers something radical like Representative Democracy. i.e. when MSM is dead.

What da fok you mean the UK is representative democracy?

All free western democracies are representative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably wrong but do people not vote for their favourite 'leader' and not so much the party these days?

I don't remember anyone voting for Roland. We need someone with character and an aura of believability to follow. Who the heck could that be. Farage I tell you! Laughing I'm serious that man would get my vote.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:15 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Rees-Mogg thing screeing all over GB News when he loses his seat.

This would be the only reason why I would even watch that channel.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
this is the first time they have ever got in power with no money

... they havent got in yet ...

If you recall, everyone thought they wouldn't get in last time.

Although yeah, this time - having put us all through the lockdown bollocks - not to mention all the other recent shenanigans, its probably time they learnt a lesson or two in humility (hah! as if they will!)

I just can't bear the thought of Abbott queening it about the place, dreadful creature. The only good thing about Abbott is that it rhymes with "crabbit".

Farage is surprisingly pleasant in real life - for the twenty minutes I had him to myself between Leicester Square and Chelsea in the back of me minicab. Not at all as arrogant as I imagined he would be. I think that's why he got people going - he really is the sort you think you could have a pint and a nag with. He just has rubbish taste in friends (Donald the Orange).

Last edited by hellkat on 01:04 - 24 May 2024; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:02 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rees-Mogg

I really wish I could see beyond the hatchet face and find something even slightly human about that man.
He looks like he has ice water in his veins.
I imagine him being the one in Total Recall that takes all the oxygen out of Mars.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:28 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
this is the first time they have ever got in power with no money

... they havent got in yet ...

If you recall, everyone thought they wouldn't get in last time.

The meltdown on social media when Corbyn didn't get in was epic. If Labour don't win this election at a canter, my god, It will depict the end of the Labour party.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:33 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can anyone think of something positive the Cuntservatives have done in the last decade or so? You have until 4th July.

They haven't even managed to stop/get rid of any boat people - to Rwanda or otherwise. That would have guaranteed my vote. Bringing Labour in will increase that problem exponentially.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:39 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
I'm probably wrong but do people not vote for their favourite 'leader' and not so much the party these days?

It would go a long way to explaining the presence of Dianne Abbot.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
All free western democracies are representative.

Western governments haven't served the interests of the electorate since WWII. The EU being the most obvious example.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not even know who Stammer is.

I'm so uninterested in the prick.

Roland Rat won't do much more or less than another of the political vermin can do.

Better to just Rattle his cage a bit then let them get on with it.

The only issue I have is there is absolutely not one single kunt that I would put an X in the box for locally.

The local MP is SNP (Special Needs Party). There not much hope of those pretenders will be disbanded by ge election time.

We have too many MPs.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour will win by default - traditonal conservatives just won't turn out.
I believe in small government, more individual freedom and resposibility, and strong law and order.
Neither mainstream party represents my interests, and Reform are literally controlled opposition (controlled by Hope not Hate communists). I'll look into any local independents running, but I'm not hopeful of finding anything worth the effort of walking over to polling station.

Personally I'd like to see the Conservative party win zero seats and be utterly destroyed. Maybe then an effective opposition party could form, that actually represents the interests of the people, but who am I trying to kid.....

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:51 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my local MP is "at it" already.

Just got this through the door. Sent using house of commons postage and stationary and with a reply paid envelope. Also included a brief questionaire which would be of no use to anybody along the lines of "Do you want there to be less crime?" and "Would you like me to spend more money on rural areas?".

What I see here is an election campaigning leaflet thinly disguised as a questionaire, produced and sent using taxpayers money instead of party campaign funds.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:52 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect from a Tory? Grift is a way of life for them.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOMSnXDWgAAqiWq?format=jpg&name=900x900

His own!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

2005 was when Labour lost to the Tory/Liberal coallition in the midst of a worldwide recession. The tories have caused the country to be rediculously in debt at the same time as not being able to fix fucking potholes.

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/include/ukgs_chartDp11t.png

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 25 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservatives plan to bring back mandatory national service

Oh christ almighty. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cpddxy9r4mdo
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7