My XR6

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

nam
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:50 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: My XR6 Reply with quote

Hi, I am new here and here are some pics of my bike

Well my dad got a new cam yesterday so i thought i would take some pic's of my bike to see what all you thought.

https://img148.echo.cx/img148/1955/15jg.th.jpg

https://img148.echo.cx/img148/3305/28fk.th.jpg

https://img148.echo.cx/img148/5769/32tw1.th.jpg

https://img148.echo.cx/img148/6776/45wm.th.jpg

Rollins
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:54 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the Pug is a 50cc as well? And it's your bike?

Looks very trick Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollins wrote:
I'm guessing the Pug is a 50cc as well? And it's your bike?

Yeah, its a Peugeot XR6 50.

Quite nice machines for a 50. A friend of mine also has an XR6 and its rather fun, also makes a stupid amount of noise and smells nice to ride behind! Laughing

That Derbi GPR is also gorgeous. I have a huge soft spot for 50cc's! Mr. Green

Is the bike modified, engine wise? From the MetraKit sticker on the mudguard, I'm guessing its got a 'race' pipe?

Akiraprise
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:07 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is it with people keeping those GPR's immaculate, every one i see is spotless, and mine allways has mud and crap on it no matter how many times i clean it.

oh well

lovely bike you have there - i've never been keen on them, allways look too thin but i think that paintjob really makes it look better.

also looks like an mk pipe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nam
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:02 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:

Is the bike modified, engine wise? From the MetraKit sticker on the mudguard, I'm guessing its got a 'race' pipe?

It has the same MK pipe on as the GPR, it has also been jetted up but thats about it.

would you recomend a "performance" Air filter? or are they just a wast of money? i was also thinking of putting a 21mm MK carb on it as well but am not sure if it would make that much differnace with it already having a bigger jet in there.
What do you think?

thanks for the comments people.
Nam

p.s My mate with the GPR came off it today didnt do to much damage to the bike but enough Sad. but he's ok and thats the main thing lol.

sbm251
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 18 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nam wrote:
would you recomend a "performance" Air filter? or are they just a wast of money? i was also thinking of putting a 21mm MK carb on it as well but am not sure if it would make that much differnace with it already having a bigger jet in there.
What do you think?

A performance filter will not make too much difference. It wont have much effect at all other than maybe a little noisier. It'll also screw up your mixture so you'd have to re-jet the carb again to cope with the extra air flow. Fitting a larger carb on the other hand will make a pretty good increase in torque, but it can be hard to set up and may not work too well with the stock 50cc cylinder. They arent cheap, but if you ever look into getting a 70+ big bore kit, then it'll definitely help to change the carb as well. Thumbs Up

Shame to hear about your mates fall, so much for the bike being immaculate. Sad

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 00:59 - 18 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a sit on an XR6 today. They are nice, but a bit too much like the Speedfight in terms of Switch gear and headlights. Laughing

It seemed pretty quick though. Shame the owner thinks it does 80mph.

<|Ben|>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nam
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:10 - 18 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
I had a sit on an XR6 today. They are nice, but a bit too much like the Speedfight in terms of Switch gear and headlights. Laughing

It seemed pretty quick though. Shame the owner thinks it does 80mph.

<|Ben|>

yea most of the switches are the same on the speedfight. but some of the stuff is the same as the GPR Confused

the XR6 will only do 80mph if it had been geared up to death!!!(unless he means KHM lol)

Nam

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:14 - 19 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike.

Good Eco-Friendly garage too Very Happy

I got some tips. Thrash the nuts out of it then get a 125 when your 17 and do the same Twisted Evil

Its fun to go fast. Just not in rain...

Mik
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 19 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
Shame the owner thinks it does 80mph.

lmao
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1