BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pictures of Miss Lucky's NSR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:02 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

My visor gets really bad in the rain. I worry incase Lucky's is the same and after all he is the one who needs to see more than I do for obvious reasons like he is the one riding the bike. Laughing I sometimes tap him and ask if he can see, I sit there thinking god is his visor this bad too. I have just figured out why his never gets steamed up in bad weather he leaves it open a tiny bit and it works wonders. I will have to try that next time. I have to admit though the windscreen wipes thing wouldnt work at all but it's worth a though at least. Laughing

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 20:04 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on your lid too. my lazer revolution never steams up, but both my FMs were awful for it.
visor inserts help.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worse for you, because there's less wind hitting your visor to blow it off.

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:57 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. That is also the reason I dont get wet when it rains as I hide behind Lucky and he gets soaked for me. Razz Still I sopose I better get used to not having anyone to hide behind. Very Happy

Susi

PostPosted: 21:28 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimma wrote:
She doesn't mind bein pillion

just as long as you don't kill me or do wheelies over the same two bridges with me on the back
You must be logged in to rate posts

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi susi. You sound just like me we have something in common. Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:15 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Lucky wrote:
My visor gets really bad in the rain. I worry incase Lucky's is the same and after all he is the one who needs to see more than I do for obvious reasons like he is the one riding the bike. Laughing

Best trick to learn is to control your breathing. Leaving them open slightly works well, but that also means that rain gets on the inside of the visor (and if you have double glazing like me, on your glasses as well). I once made the mistake of trying Rainex on the inside of a visor. Took ages before the visor was any good in the wet again.

Miss Lucky wrote:
I sometimes tap him and ask if he can see, I sit there thinking god is his visor this bad too.

One way to frighten yourself Smile

All the best

Keith

Mr Lucky
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:09 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
It *is* a NSR125F not the NS... I *think* they were only available as imports. I haven't heard of any being restericted. It probably doesn't have much more power than the 15hp that the laws says now.

I have searched everywhere I can think of for restrictions.. and can't seem to find any. With a downhill I've got near the redline so I presume there wouldn't be much more, even if it was.

Errrr, I thought all NS/NSR's were made in Italy so aren't they all Italian Imports?

Anyway I have been back to check and the clocks are in MPH and all badges about the bike (tank/fuel/ride responsible etc etc) are in English.

What gives here?

I am confused...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:23 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. I wasn't entirely sure on the 'only imported' thing... By improts I mean bikes made specifically for the UK market (appropriate clocks/headlight etc) vs bikes that were never officially imported into the UK.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 23:23 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was from Lovly poland, then it went to italy, then to the UK.
Mines been around a little bit.
sort of like the miss's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

eon_tal
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can one tell, which particular country's import his or her NSR (or any other bike for that matter) is anyway Question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GasGas
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: FM model Reply with quote

nice condition for the year missy. I have the same model in the same colours , i find that other irders dont know what it is cos u dont see that many like it. I think u will find it is an italian import and not as fast as the uk derestricted models. Mine was good for 97mph ( 155kmh ), but i put a 12 sprocket on the front to let me get into and stay in 6th gear on the flat, now only does 145kmh.
Scotty-do the same its fab! ( we spoke before on the matter ).
anyway have fun.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:36 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Re: FM model Reply with quote

Quote:
I think u will find it is an italian import and not as fast as the uk derestricted models
... don't suppose you've got any details about where thje restiction was?... ie same as other NSRs etc?.... just on the chance that it's similar on the italian model.

Last edited by G on 12:07 - 15 Nov 2002; edited 1 time in total

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 10:20 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what the standard sproket size's are for the NSR.
But i know mines a 13 on the front, and i think....the standard ones are
14...so that could be why i can get into 6th and redline it.
possibly....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Lucky
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:57 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Re: FM model Reply with quote

G wrote:
I think u will find it is an italian import and not as fast as the uk derestricted models... don't suppose you've got any details about where thje restiction was?... ie same as other NSRs etc?.... just on the chance that it's similar on the italian model.

I thought they were all Italian imports Exclamation Question

I knew the original NS125 was built in Italy. Isn't the NSR?

I know nothing about these bloody things!

Anyway, just to let you know I have looked at the clocks and they are mph and all the stickers on the bike are in English. Surely if it was for the Italian market they would be in Italian wouldn't they?

Oh what the hell, as long as Miss L likes it...

zaknafien

PostPosted: 16:30 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the NSR is a honda machine.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 17:37 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in some magazine, little wiper blades that you can fit on your finger and can use to wipe your visor when it rains. I've never usedd it but the guy in the magazine said it was great. They cost a couple of pounds if I remember correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:18 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Re: FM model Reply with quote

G wrote:
Quote:
I think u will find it is an italian import and not as fast as the uk derestricted models
... don't suppose you've got any details about where thje restiction was?... ie same as other NSRs etc?.... just on the chance that it's similar on the italian model.

Until recently an Italian market bike would not have been restricted at all. Remember the RS, Mito and NSR were all primarily designed for the Italian market where a 16 year old could ride an unrestricted 125cc bike

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4