BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motocross

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:51 - 03 May 2005    Post subject: Motocross Reply with quote

Yesterday i went on an amusing day out on a race spec 250 crosser ktm. Since riding the cbr the power doesnt scare me. nor do wheelies. Got on it, was doing first and second gear clutch ups no problems, fucking high and such on the tarmac roads around this quarries. Staying through gear until it ran out of umf.

My main point on this post is... how can ANYONE prefer clutching up in first then clutchless changing to second straight away. Only time ive ever nearly flipped a bike was the third time i tried that. It feels more powerful yes. But its not controlled. i have no idea how i brought it down, but it was properly twelved according to all who saw it, and i could see the full profile of the headlight Shocked and my left foot flew off the peg. Which means i either snapped the throttle off, or used the back brake. But dodgy ground anyway.

Also compared to the cbr, wheelying crossers is so amazingly amazingly easy, i just want the cbr back on the road to try it out again as im much more confident.

Another point is jumps, i was mildly (yes mildly!!!) stoned and got dragged over to learn to do jumps, thought fine, first time i forgot to stand up. Interesting landing Shocked . Second time i stood up but didnt grip the bike between my legs, again interesting landing.
But third onwards it was easy as piss. Only came close to flipping it once, but within literally half an hour i was jumping a good 15 feet .
Its a novel feeling, but the risk isnt worth the reward in my opinion.

What about the rest of you, when you go offroad do you spend all day on the back wheel, with no wheels, or just exploring?

and yes a the reason for posting is predominantly boredom, oh and the need to point out NO-ONE should have trouble wheelying crossers
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1