Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

HELP NEEDED ON THE 2003 APRILIA RS125 GP-1 REPLICA

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to The Workshop by Korn (18 Mar 2004 - 10:52)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 17:23 - 17 Mar 2004    Post subject: Re: DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE Reply with quote

priller wrote:
With the weather we have here if you only rode during the summer you'd hardly get to ride the bike.

And your point. Wink Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year between these two posts...

brindo34
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:04 - 17 Mar 2005    Post subject: Same problem, RS125 wont idle Reply with quote

Hi, i have a similar problem, i got the bike with 2500 km on the clock. when i go the bike it would not rev cleanly, i changed the plug, then took the carb off. i found that the person who had it before brought the bike as an ful power italian import, then restricted it and un-restricted it. when i took the carb off i found that they had ground out the throttle slider on the reed side, to force it to idle. i replaced the carb so that it was standard set-up and then the bike revved cleanly but would not idle. i changed the idle jet too 68 rather than 62, its slightly better but still cant get it to idle above 1000rpm. but there is also a mis fire at 6000rpm. i have changed the plug, clean the power valve, check the reed valves. any ideas how i can get the bike to idle??

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:47 - 17 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not a clue why they would have attacked the carb like that. I would be more worried that they had damaged it somehow and a lump of the carb slide had landed up in the engine.

The large screw on the side is to adjust the idle speed. This should be capable of getting it to idle at very high revs. If this is not allowing the revs up then I would start looking in more detail at the engine, and do a compression check at least. Also check they put the power valve in the right way up as that is a common error.

All the best

Keith

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 17 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run it for a while, the take off the air filter and see if there is fuel sitting in the air filter tube or the bottom of the carb, if there is then either:

Arrow Float level too low
Arrow Air filter Blocked
Arrow Mixture wrong
Arrow Have a fiddle around with the idle mixture screw (carefully)

Rs-Sean
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:34 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 02 rs125 anyway when i first bought the bike mine did that for a fee weeks then it cleared up, starting it i had choke up till 40c then off then got on and pulled away at 55c
Also on a cold start giv it a few rev once the choke is off to help it clear itself not when choke is down unless you want a black plug Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 327 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2