Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Whats the best enduro/supermoto 400cc??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

weasel
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Whats the best enduro/supermoto 400cc?? Reply with quote

Ok guys, ive got my test in a week, and still dont know what kinda bike to get, i want something that i can put enduro or supermoto wheels on, and i want it to be a 400cc.
And it has to be £2000 or less, any ideas what would be the best thing to get for that money?
Cheers.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:02 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: Whats the best enduro/supermoto 400cc?? Reply with quote

For that sort of money it's going to still be fairly 'home brew'.

Also, 'best' for what?

However, as it's going to someone's project in most cases, it's going to be the best setup available, rather than a specific model of bike.

One to look out for is the Husqavana (sp) TE410.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 19:05 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a Yamaha WR400?

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ohdannyboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:08 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been researching what supermoto to get for some months now and all fingers are pointing at the suzuki drz-400. Im going for the slightly more expensive model, the sm (supermoto) as it comes with supermoto rims/hubs/tyres as standard and have heard that a conversion from moto x wheels to supermoto/enduro can be a very pricey job in excess of £1000.

there are a few drz-400's going for cheap on biketrader which might be worth a look.

good luck in your search mate. Thumbs Up

weasel
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, by 'best' i mean as an all rounder i.e wheelies, off-roading, town riding back road blastingetc.
And whats a 'home brew'?

weasel
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, by 'best' i mean as an all rounder i.e wheelies, off-roading, town riding back road blastingetc.
And whats a 'home brew'?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:31 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home brew, as in bodged together by someone at home, rather than using components manufactured for the purpose.

I had some semi - road tyres on my dr600 and it was fine for knee down and more, so you don't /need/ supermoto wheels.
A spare set of off road wheels will usually cost a lot less, if you want one for knobblies.

Best bet is to just search ebay, adtrader, loot etc for 'supermoto' and see what people have to offer.

Chr!S
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:55 - 13 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to pick up a late 1990's XR400 for 2k.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1