Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Long Way Round

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 18:49)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:

Amazeing really cause surely it should have got in the gear box as well??? and as such must still have been in the engine?? :o i would have though it would have locked the engine, bending various parts in the process and leaveing a big pile of knackered?

Engine oil and gearbox oil are seperate on the Beemers. The pic below is a 1150gs fording a river Shocked Shocked Shocked with a snorkel (going under the riders armpit). The engine still sucked water in through the exhaust when the engine stalled.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/HWScan0001900006.jpg

hugo-a-gogo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:03 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragging this thread back to life:

just got the DVD as a gift and watched the lot in two sittings

out-fucking-standing, everything about it, just wish there was more of it
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous."
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pair of pussies compared to the guy on the R1, he started in 2001 and is still doing it, anyone can go round the world with unlimited budgets Thumbs Down

Gracie Jones
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:52 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeesss, but the guy on the R1 probably didn't ride it up to his neck in flowing rivers eh?

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie Jones wrote:
Yeeeesss, but the guy on the R1 probably didn't ride it up to his neck in flowing rivers eh?

Have you seen the video? Rolling Eyes , try watching it before commenting k thx

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeeeees but the guy on the R1 isnt a primadona and hasnt got the good fortune for a truck capable of crossing the atlantic with three bikes and people on the back turning up and helping him with every river crossing.

2001? He must have hit amsterdam or something on the way across and is still spending his inheritance in some succky sucky club!

hugo-a-gogo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:13 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Nick wrote:
Pair of pussies compared to the guy on the R1, he started in 2001 and is still doing it, anyone can go round the world with unlimited budgets Thumbs Down

that's hardly the point is it, what if they walked backwards around the world 6 times on broken glass, would that impress you?

it was a great tv show and a great trip, it wasn't about the money or the back up, it was about the places and the people. some bloke just driving on roads on his own on an r1 wouldn't make very good tv
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous."
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH i found Mondo Enduro more interesting than a pair of prettyboys being towed over russia. 6 mates going around the world on crossers, properly round the world not jus through europe and part of asia.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 11:42 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Way Round is cool, well filmed etc, but Mondo Enduro is better Thumbs Up

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hugo-a-gogo wrote:
dragging this thread back to life:

just got the DVD as a gift and watched the lot in two sittings

out-fucking-standing, everything about it, just wish there was more of it

There is! 2 New episodes coming out soon...heard it from Charley and Russ personally....Top blokes!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/CharlieandRuss1.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/chazsbike.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/topboxmap.jpg

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought it was a great show. Thumbs Up
Finglonga wrote:
There is! 2 New episodes coming out soon...

Very cool, but any idea what they'll be about?

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the bits they wanted to put in and didn't have time to on the original DVD. Plus if they have room some funny stuff that went to the cutting room floor.
It is likely to be on SKY Travel in the Summer?? Then I suppose a new DVD will be out shortly after. Rolling Eyes Going to have to buy it again DOH!

Watch the Dakar too this year as Charley is entering it. Not sure if it will be on a 650 or this brute. Shocked

https://rdcyclist.smugmug.com/photos/19659823-L.jpg

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won the mondo enduro dvd on ebay the other week, but it was "lost in the post". Evil or Very Mad

hugo-a-gogo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:46 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Nick wrote:
a pair of prettyboys

pink faced charley with the wobbly eye and ewan's ginger face fungus and swollen mozzie bite, both of them dirty and smelly-looking - still, if you think they are pretty..... Wink
Hunter S Thompson
clicky 4 bikey

ayfy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 06 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a great programme. I don't think the idea of it was to make it as difficult as possible, it was basically 2 mates who wanted to go on a really big bike ride and visit some really interesting places. if I was going on a round the world bike trip and someone offered me support crews and a cameraman hell, I'd take that.

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:29 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
I too thought it was a great show. Thumbs Up
Finglonga wrote:
There is! 2 New episodes coming out soon...

Very cool, but any idea what they'll be about?

sorry to resurrect this thread....AGAIN, but any news on this new version yet? or is it out & I just haven't found it yet?

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:49 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 1 is available for free with this Months Bike Magazine. Thumbs Up
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Episode 1 is available for free with this Months Bike Magazine. Thumbs Up

10 minutes worth of new stuff on that. Hardly amazing but can't complain, it's free. I assume there's already a different DVD out with the extra stuff and they're hoping us poor saps will go buy it again for an extra hour or two of footage. Not gonna happen. Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 18:39 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
I was with them until they brought in two support cars. Like the guy in Bike said, "They're actors...pretending's what they do".

Eh? Doing what?

Sad admission: I went to see Guys and Dolls last night in which Ewan McGregor stars. My g/f and I queued up at the stage door (with about 500 others) to try and get his autograph on my LWR book and poster (already got Chae's autograph on the poster) but he didn't come out because he was too "tired". I saw a quote saying he would prefer to sign the LWR than the tickets from the musical.

I'm not one to idolise celebrities but I think Ewan McGregor is cool. I want to be him. :p Cool Embarassed

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 18:47 - 16 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
I'm not one to idolise celebrities but I think Ewan McGregor is cool. I want to be him. :p Cool Embarassed

I agree!

That is all.

I assume Siggi means with them as in 'agreeing with them' or 'on their side' etc.

inkorea
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 19 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded all seven episodes from digitaldistractions.
Watched the first 4 so far, I dont want to spoil it by watching them all at once. Great show!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5