Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another Scottish Journey.. *pics*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 19:02)
View previous topic : View next topic  

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Another Scottish Journey.. *pics* Reply with quote

Well i went a solo rideout once again yesterday, packed lightly- money and my camera.

left my house at 3pm and followed the usual route up past Greenock, over Erskine Bridge and into Balloch for a quick and much needed McD's and a McP*ss.

So at 4:20 or so i head up the A82 alongside Loch Lomond up to Crainlarich, and on to GlenCoe. Stopped for fuel and chatted to the woman about Largs and Midgies (wee buggers, i musta killed a million of them). At this point i seen the sign for Kinlochleven which i was told is biking heaven and i wasn't let down, the road is amazing!! Cool

I stopped off to take some pictures of Loch Leven just before i made my journey to Fort William:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william09.jpg

Can't have a pic without the bike (expect more lol):
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william10.jpg

So after that i went up to Fort William and took some more pics at Glen Nevis:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william11.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william12.jpg

After a quick rest and a stretch of the legs later i was on my way again.. back down the route i came.. went down the Kinlochleven road again (but going the other way) and stopped to take some pics:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william01.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william02.jpg

After the cops had passed me i was on my way again and stopped off at Glen Coe (well near enough):
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william03.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william04.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william05.jpg

I just liked the way the clouds creeped up over the top here, spooky.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william06.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william07.jpg

Then i made a short stop off somewhere i'm not too sure, not far down the road anyway:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Project_Sapphire/leven2william08.jpg

Covered about 300miles all in. I spotted 'The Green Welly' - "Bikers and Hikers Welcome", was on too much of a mission to stop off though, apparently it's a good place to eat.

Anyway, a boring story and some average pics but the roads are great and hopefully next time i'll have more time to go walking about and get some better pics.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 14:04 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: Another Scottish Journey.. *pics* Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
...hopefully next time i'll have more time to go walking about and get some better pics.

Why not just video the ride and let everyone see the roads Thumbs Up Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was actually thinking that on the way back, because some of the views on the roads are great but obviously i couldn't stop to take pics so if i can get a camcorder of some sort (but something less conspicuous) i will indead!

in fact i'm gonna go search for a mountable camera and a recorder of some sort and may even do the road on the weekend!

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:00 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics, if ever anyone asks me again "why bike?" they need just look at them. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 15:03 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At this point i seen the sign for Kinlochleven which i was told is biking heaven and i wasn't let down, the road is amazing!!

I'll need to stop telling people about this road, there are going to put toll booths up soon!

Thats a run I've done a few times now, I could do it everyday and never tire of it...

Nice pics Thumbs Up

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road opposite the wemyss bay hotel. By the gate along the sea front. Thats where I stay...let me know if you're after some company one day and we'll go for a run. Thumbs Up

Great pictures. Shocked Very Happy Thumbs Up Haven't been up there for a good few months..Sad

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is you Scottish lot are lucky bastards. Razz

On the 3 sunny days you get each year anyway...

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:12 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some beautiful pics there, if you regard that scenery as average, then it shows how jaded I've become with the city-scapes I whizz past on my way to work every day.

I'm think about doing a mini tour this summer, taking a week or two so off work and just caning the bike around the country, staying with my far-flung family and friends. Looks like I might have to take a detour around to your neck of the woods!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
The road opposite the wemyss bay hotel. By the gate along the sea front. Thats where I stay...let me know if you're after some company one day and we'll go for a run. Thumbs Up

Great pictures. Shocked Very Happy Thumbs Up Haven't been up there for a good few months..Sad

Well i intend on going back up fairly shortly as i've ordered a bullet cam and mini DV recorder to strap to the bike.. wasn't going to but the DV recorder i can use for various things so i thought why not... so just let me know when you fancy it as i've got all the free time in the world at the moment and will always be up for a run! Thumbs Up

I say the pics are average as i know if i took some time, a tripod and a walk through the hills i could capture some proper scenery! Wink

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, mr money bags. Very Happy

I'm pretty much free every weekend (like keeping my options open. Or I have nothing better to do. You decide...Wink) Work 8 - 5 in ayr/prestwick Mon-Fri so unfortunately, a quiet run during the week would be difficult...Sad

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
...let me know if you're after some company one day and we'll go for a run. Thumbs Up

Yeah, same here Thumbs Up You must have passed my house more or less when you went through Erskine!

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 24 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

True...Embarassed Don't head up that way much these days, since:

I live and work down here now!
My hornet would melt in any traffic when it's warmed up. Sad

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 25 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well any weekend suits me, just PM me whenever you feel like it then! i'll more than likely be able to make it! Thumbs Up once i find my phone i'll PM you my mobile number and you can even text me if that's easier. either way i'll be kicking about!

shammon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 25 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab pics. Thumbs Up

MalcolmT
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 06:03 - 25 Jun 2005    Post subject: Phew Reply with quote

I'm living in Joburg, South Africa.
We have to ride 800 miles to get similar roads.

wilberforce
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:49 - 25 Jun 2005    Post subject: Re: Another Scottish Journey.. *pics* Reply with quote

map wrote:
KeV6 wrote:
...hopefully next time i'll have more time to go walking about and get some better pics.

Why not just video the ride and let everyone see the roads Thumbs Up Very Happy

No, don't video it. It's much better seeing it in the 'flesh'

Get yersel's up there and live the experience.

Guess where I'm going on Monday. No clues but I may be using some of the same roads.

Sadly it is in the 'jamjar'.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 25 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of people in the south, would consider doing hard time, to get to ride regulary on roads like that! Laughing

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 01:07 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could get the Benelli up there without having to ride it 100s of miles to get there Sad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:17 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were within a few miles of where I was camping the last couple of days. You really should take a run further north, the roads get even better. Fort William is where they start to get fun. Thumbs Up

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 16:30 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoHippy wrote:
I wish I could get the Benelli up there without having to ride it 100s of miles to get there Sad

That's my though exactly (except substitute a lovely Benelli for a tatty CB500). I want to go riding there but I can't be arsed with the ride from London to Scotland.

That said, it didn't stop wave2k...

Also makes me home-sick seeing all that scenery. Not that I lived near it in Scotland, but it's a damn-sight closer than it is from where I'm stuck now.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to stay down there, M_G?

I can't see myself living anywhere else...except maybe further north!

seanyt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a little run to john o groats last night. My good camera ran out of batterys to had to use my phone.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 19:46 - 26 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land's End is better. Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1