 dibbster Nearly there...

Joined: 15 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:22 - 28 Jun 2005 Post subject: South Wales and back |
 |
|
After finishing work on Saturday I had a birthday party to go to in South Wales.
So 200 miles in 3 hours with medieval sword strapped to my back (was a medieval themed fancy dress party) and I find myself in St Briavels outside the Youth hostel; an old border castle.
Sunday saw me out of bed late and after a short walk around Tintern Abbey I said goodbye to everyone and set off back up north.
Without a map I decided to point the bike north and stick to A roads. I took the A48 alongside the river Severn, which has some great views and then took the A40 onto the A436 stopping alongside an airfield near Stow for a sandwich. I then passed through Warwick and hit the A42 in the middle of the afternoon. The weather was beautiful warm, clear and dry.
Arrived back home about 5pm a bit tired and with enough flys on my helmet to feed a family of Ladybirds for a year!
Overall did 450 miles averaging over 50 mpg. New brake pads are now bedded in. I have put SBK3's on the front and RX's on the back and certainly have noticed an improvement in braking. I found the Gixxer suprisingly comfortable for the distance (Not quite as comfortable as the RF but certainly more fun! )
Will certainly be going back down again this summer, hopefully to explore North Wales.
Must remember to take my camera next time.  ____________________ Suzuki RF 600 - The two wheeled Testarossa (Deceased)
Suzuki GSXR - Now stops on a sixpence; SBK3's
www.bikepics.com/members/dibbster |
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:43 - 28 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Watch out for the speed cops if you go again. Last time I was down that way there must have been a good half dozen scamera vans along the Severn valley, and that was in February. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
 gimpy limp Nearly there...

Joined: 19 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:22 - 29 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
tintern abbey in chepstow is lush ain't it, especially to walk around inside.
ditto on the cameras especially the mobile one's they seem to love down here. My brother who drives like a granny got one the other day and a mate on his 125 who 90% of the time sticks to the speed limits got banned for a month for speeding this month. ____________________ -=[Sam/b]=- cx500's the only way to travel, we do it in style just like jimmy saville
msn addy - [email protected]
https://pre-auto.com/cx500/rat_and_survival_gallery_2006 |
|