Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

33bhp and Track Days

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: 33bhp and Track Days Reply with quote

I have just four months to go before my restriction is off, and I've been invited, with mates, to go do a track day at Mallory.

Now, here they say

6. Ensure you hold and bring with you a current FULL Driving Licence that proves you are legally allowed to ride a Motorcycle of the CC you are intending to take around the track. This it not a rule laid down by Hottrax Ltd, it is one that each of the UK's circuits must follow under their own Health & Safety regulations.

My licence covers me for any CC bike, so would that mean I can take my bike? (a Daytona 600) On the dyno, I have 103bhp, so my bike's not restricted, despite ordering, new, it restricted and I've never taken the restrictors out, nor has anyone else, as far as I know of.

Ideas? :/

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 21:14 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be fine, they won't test it.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 21:42 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some of the guys on here saying they can't do trackdays with certain promoters because they have 33bhp licenses. I think it's wake2k and Danny. Try asking them.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 21:45 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k did a trackday at Brands Hatch not too long ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 21:46 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we f*ckin know it!

Seen the pics anyone??

And yes, he's on a restricted licence, on a generous 33bhp bike.

Gaz

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
on a generous 33bhp bike.

That's one way of putting it! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 22:34 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done 12 track days on a 33bhp licence 3 of which were on a 33bhp bike! Never had it questioned.
J

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 22:37 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My trackday was with ESS they accept 33bhp or A licences

Focused events say they do not allow 33bhp or class A
although they probably dont check, if they did you would have no comeback.
they could tell you to go home and have no money back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 22:38 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave how was the trackday with only 33BHP? I'm thinking of doing one later this year. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 22:54 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waves bike isnt restricted.
I did 3 cadwells with the hornet at 33bhp, was good, esp overtaking people on R1's and the like.
J

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, which company/ies did you use, and at what track/s did you use your 33bhp bike with?

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 23:32 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the 33bhp bike at cadwell for 3 track days, those days were with Track Time Promotions and Hottrax.
On a restricted licence i have also done days with 100%, Focused Events and ESS.
HTH
J

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the most they did in licence checks? Check you on the bike is you on the card? Razz

nsr125sp
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:48 - 13 Aug 2005    Post subject: re Reply with quote

went to cadwell on thursday with the vfr, to be told that i wasnt allowed to get any track time as i have a restricted licence. Anyway after a couple of sessions they stopped checking the wrist bands, so way hey i got on!!. i find this a bit strange as last year i went on cadwell with my vfr and they didnt even question my licence!!
Rolling Eyes

priller
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:41 - 16 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant ride at Cadwell, Brands, Snetterton or Oulton Park with a restricted license.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 01:29 - 17 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can, I rode at Snetterton with a restricted licence.

It depends on the trackday organiser, not the track.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

priller
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:29 - 17 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not according to hottrax, they say its because of the company that owns the tracks not the track day organisers.

Quote:
You will not be able to ride with a restricted licence at Cadwell, Brands, Snetterton or Oulton Park - this is Motorsport Vision policy. As long as you have a full road licence you will be able to ride at the other circuits.

From a post by hottrax on visordown.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 10:16 - 17 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well obviously they are wrong.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 10:25 - 17 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Cadwell and my 33bhp license was questioned, the course marshall was called down, who was from motorsport vision and he ok'd me to go on track.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 21:42 - 17 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode with a restricted licence at Snett, as did Sammy and Jon. Never mentioned.

And I went out on a less than 33bhp bike. No problems what so ever.

Gaz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1