Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:30 - 19 Aug 2005    Post subject: Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05 Reply with quote

Cheap Track Days are offering a full day at Snetterton with full instruction if required from actual racers for £89! What a bargain!

I have booked myself in, as I'm well up for some of that! Apparently, they are offering more track time than most organisers!

Snetterton has one of the fastest straight in Britain, where it is possible to hit 175phm on most standard 1000cc bikes made in the last two years!

It should be a top day! take a look here:

Cheap Track Days!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:33 - 19 Aug 2005    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05 Reply with quote

Doesn't seem that much of a 'bargain' for a weekday Confused - good price but not massively so.

Also, most trackday organisers use racers as instructors - the question is do how much do they pay them?

Do you already have a relationship with this company? If not I'd be interested to hear how good they are (especially from someone that races them self.)

I have to be slightly worried about promoting 'cheap' trackdays - I would much prefer to pay extra and use an organisation such as ESS (RIP) was than pay less and get less.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 00:18 - 20 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £85 for a full day at Snetterton, with good instructors. This doesn't seem amazing.

This was with TrackTimePromotions.

The straight is quick though!

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:03 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in no way associated with Cheap Track days, just I booked a session with them and wondered if anyone else fancies having a blast, get to meet some new faces, etc. I haven't really done any track days as such before, so I wasn't aware they all use instructors! I've only done Ron Haslam Race School and then raced myself. I'm quite sure it will be fine. At the end of the day, what do you go to these track days for? To ride dam fast on a track. That's what i'm after and anything else is a bonus!

Come on lads and lasses, come and join me?!

Hooky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:06 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05 Reply with quote

G wrote:
Doesn't seem that much of a 'bargain' for a weekday Confused - good price but not massively so.

Also, most trackday organisers use racers as instructors - the question is do how much do they pay them?

Do you already have a relationship with this company? If not I'd be interested to hear how good they are (especially from someone that races them self.)

I have to be slightly worried about promoting 'cheap' trackdays - I would much prefer to pay extra and use an organisation such as ESS (RIP) was than pay less and get less.

Well "g" this is a rather harsh comment considering that it always seems that because something is different or new (ish) it wont be any good. dont be so cynical ffs.

YES it is MY company, NO i had no idea that Cunni used this site,( i have never met him or is he in any way connected to the company>) he is simply wanting to get a few other members of this board out for a day like you have done on MANY occasions.

For some feed-back on my company try looking @400 greybike, nsr world , whatever you like.

I have NEVER spammed this site (check this out for yourself) so im not going to go on about the instructors OR how i get Bsb riders to come and help, pay them etc, pm or phone me for details.
BTW does nuttyracing strike a note (you an also check out MY racing pedigree if you wish)
Andy Hook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZZRman
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05 Reply with quote

cunni wrote:

It is possible to hit 175phm on most standard 1000cc bikes made in the last two years!
, oh so a bike from say 7years ago cant do 175mph.......or possibly 185mph....ZX10R mean anything...

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 15:55 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy I think that you have taken g's comments too personally. He is stating a view that a number of us hold about the standard track day companies, after the excellent experiences we have had with the ESS pace system.
The comments about the barginous nature of this day are also fair. £89 for a weekday event at snetterton is about average.
HTH
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05 Reply with quote

ZZRman wrote:
oh so a bike from say 7years ago cant do 175mph.......or possibly 185mph....ZX10R mean anything...

Maybe so, but can it do it in the space provided? No good breaking 175mph and then going straight into the bales at the next corner! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:18 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Re: Snetterton Track Day - 26.08.05 Reply with quote

Quote:
Well "g" this is a rather harsh comment considering that it always seems that because something is different or new (ish) it wont be any good. dont be so cynical ffs.

It's commonly accepted that a lot of trackday companies are lowering prices to try and get a bigger share of the market, or at least stay alive Confused. The two trackday companies that I have most enjoyed doing trackdays (100pc and ESS) have both gone bankrupt in the last year, I realise a lot of people do want the lowest price, but I reckon a lot of people would have enjoyed the benefits of a better run day. Wasn’t commenting specicially on your company, but in general, the cheaper trackdays I’ve been too haven’t been as well run, though I’ve never seen much difference in prices to be honest.
I'm not sure which comment you find 'rather harsh', so I'll respond to your points.

Quote:
YES it is MY company, NO i had no idea that Cunni used this site,( i have never met him or is he in any way connected to the company>)

Fair enough, I asked because he seemed to be selling the company specifically for instance:
" full instruction if required from actual racers for £89! What a bargain! "
As I know he's raced I'd expect him to realise that £89 isn't massively cheap and that a lot of trackday companies use racers for instructors.
I have spoken with you before, but didn't realise this was your company. Haven't heard much about your trackdays, but never heard anything bad at least Smile.

Quote:
I have NEVER spammed this site (check this out for yourself) so im

Actually, I believe your first post was spam as such, but was in the right section etc so no one was bothered.

Quote:
not going to go on about the instructors OR how i get Bsb riders to come and help, pay them etc, pm or phone me for details.

Feel free to go on about it, I'm sure no one will mind if you don't repeatedly post and only post in the correct section.
A focused events instructor actually seemed to improve more than I did when he was supposedly 'instructing' me.

Quote:
BTW does nuttyracing strike a note (you an also check out MY racing pedigree if you wish)

Yep, I believe I have an ex nutty racing bike, shall reply to your pm and leave it at that on that matter.

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:40 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
oh so a bike from say 7years ago cant do 175mph.......or possibly 185mph....ZX10R mean anything...

Hello, I haven't riden most bikes, i've never been to Snet and I don't really give that much of a toss about bikes from 7 years ago. I've only been riding for 2 years! (and that don't mean I'm by any means crap)

175 down the back straight for BSB in 2002, 185 for 2004. I wouldn't axpect many 'standard' bikes to be matching that as standard, especially 7 year old ones, unless you mean you saw 175 on the clock, but most people know the clock lies over 120mph!

ZX10R? That wouldn't be a modern 1000cc bike made in the last two years then?

I stated something I knwo to be right, if I had said 'Any 1000cc bike', then someone would have said "my 1000cc bike only does.....blar blar blar"!

Krickey, you try to help people, try to get some supposed mates out on a good track day and you get knifed in the back. What is the point, really! Bikechatforums? More like Bikerbitchingfourms!

I was just trying to share something I had found out about. I thought this was a good price. Just because I've been on track doesn't mean I've attended every race school and track day under the sun! I don't expect to do a little of something I know the world about everything, so why should you expect me too?!

Last edited by cunni on 15:09 - 23 Aug 2005; edited 1 time in total

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:57 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:28 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral ?????????

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:48 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunni wrote:
Krickey, you try to help people, try to get some supposed mate out on a good track day and you get knifed in the back. What is the point, really! Bikechatforums? More like Bikerbitchingfourms!

Re-read your post, knowing the facts that have been presented in this thread, it does sound a bit like a sales pitch for the company.

Quote:
Just because I've been on track doesn't mean I've attended every race school and track day under the sun!

I apologise, I made the presumption that you had done a moderate number of trackdays, so would have known this was not a great price. Most of the racing people that frequent bike forums would have known this, but then ya'know what they say about assumption. I mentioned this in my second post, explaining that it seemed logical for me to expect that being someone that would likely know about such things, it would seem to suggest you might be trying to 'sell' the company.

Quote:
I don't expect to do a little of something I know the world about everything, so why should you expect me too?!

Erm, this sentance has me rather confused, so I'll not respond to it Confused.

I'm suitably amused that you consider the comments made to be 'stabbing you in the back' Very Happy.

Oh and there was a ZX10 model a long time ago, but I very much doubt that model would have got to 175 at Snetterton and still made the Esses.

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:06 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I've gone off the deep end a bit here, but I got the same sort of crap from another forum too, having to explain myself when I'm just trying to be helpful to folks on the forum and instead of anyone saying, "Cheers," or "thanks for the advice" or "that sounds good", I get loads of stuff about knowing what speeds old bikes will do, (Like I care), knowing about other track days, (I can only really recall seeing Donington and Silverstone at around £150-£170 for the day) or telling em I'm a hidden member of staff for a company I only found out about on Wednesday of last week!

So, I'll re-write this thread starting here:

Hi folks, I've booked a moderatly priced track day at Snetterton on Friday 26th August and would appreciate some other riders turning up, so I'm not all alone inbetween sessions! It costs £79 and there is a BSB rider there giving tuition as well as their other instructors. I think it sounds quite good, so I've booked myself in. The weather is also looking very favourable for Friday!

If you fancy joining me, take a look here: https://www.cheaptrackdays.com.

Snetterton circuit holds one of the fastest straights in Britain, the Revvet Straight, where most modern 1000cc sports bikes should be able to hit approx. 175mph, however,not knowing what all bikes on the road are capable of, some others might also hit these speeds.

By the way, I am most definatly not associated with the organisers of this event, as I don't know them, have only spoke to them to book my place and am far to busy with my day job (Freelance Highway Design Engineer) and preping my race bike in the evenings to have any sort of roll with this company!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:14 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a couple of claims, which weren't true as such.
One saying it was cheap and two suggesting that it was a good thing that they had racers instruction (when this is the norm and is not always a good thing).

I felt obliged to inform people of these things I believed to not be true, nothing against you specifically.

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:18 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairy snuff then, just I was under my own illusion then, I thought most were more costly and didn't realise instructors were the norm?! I'm only going on your words here, so I could still be wrong! Rolling Eyes

However, this ex. BSB rider will still be there and for me that means more tailored instruction for my needs, as I wish to discover the secrets to much faster, smoother racing, not riding. I want to know when I'm on the ragged edge that there is still some way of getting quicker!

I'll let you know how i got on and how I found the organisers after my trip out with them on Friday!

cunni
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:23 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what was a really good bargain and a half:

Mallory Park practice day, I paid £42 and got three sessions on track, one at 20 minutes, one at 30 minutes and one at 40 minutes. I had to have a break in the last two, so I effectively got 5 sessions, not too many others out and all in glorious hot sun shine! Now that was awesome!

The Vivaldi BSB team were testing there at the same time too, which was nice!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1