Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

whats missing?!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 14:22 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: whats missing?! Reply with quote

As of ye I aint taken the fairings off my CBR to give it a good clean and oil and general check, however the other week when giving it a quick wash I noticed a pipe that wasn't attached to anything (see pic 1)

so a bit of a look round later and I found another pipe that aint attached to anything (see pic 2)

I assume that theres a bit of pipe missing connecting these two pipes up!?

also what exactly is it for!? the other end of the pipe from pic 2 comes out near the front next to the air intakes, so am I correct in thinking its just a breather pipe of some kind!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooer Confused

that looks a bit dodgy

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 14:33 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at your air-box. There may be a pipe missing from the front of it

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:34 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breather tube seems the most likley

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 17:35 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the other end of the tube coming out near the air intake (its the small round thing next to the air intake)

its the same the otherside,the big aor scoop going to the air box this little one going to nowhere as its not connected (ie pic 1 and 2) so its either a beather or an air intake for??!?!

hmm really must find somewhere selling a haynes manual for my model for when I start to take it to bits Twisted Evil (not that I'll actually read the thing Laughing )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:47 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive there's a Haynes manual for the cbr 4 available for download somewhere... if you can't find it gimme a shout.

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 18:55 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbr 400? its a 600 mate or do you mean cbr f4? (which I believe is what the yanks call my model!?)

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:40 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed sorry... I did mean 400... so did know you had the 6, not sure why I thought it was the 4 ... /me blames quick posting in lunch time Very Happy

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:57 - 29 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have similar tubes

i had one that i neglected to connect which could be the whole reason why my bike wasnt working properly, but surely not Confused Laughing

came from the cylinder heads and then connected to the airox via a nicely hidden connector, between the carb trumpets and the air filter, dunno what it does

might be similar to yours however im sure you bike requires far more air than mine Smile so its probly more important on yours
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 12:43 - 30 Jan 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhh naughty G!!

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:30 - 01 Feb 2003    Post subject: dude Reply with quote

was looking at another forum (im sorry) and was looking at mods for cbr and came across this and think i could be whats happend to ur bike ???

https://pub105.ezboard.com/fhondacbr600f4performanceparts.showMessage?topicID=2289.topic

might not be but perhaps the owner before did this????

laters
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 11:58 - 01 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the bob, I'll have to have a good look when I take the fairings and tank off for that like... but still i shall have a look...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1