Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

British Superbikes, Silverstone pictures

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: British Superbikes, Silverstone pictures Reply with quote

Went up to the Superbike round at Silverstone today (well, technically yesterday now Rolling Eyes ) which was a good day out. Never been to a BSB round before but was very impressed; nowhere near as busy as the GP and it only took five minutes to get the bike out of the car park! Very Happy The weather also helped! Anyway, I managed to take 600+ photos. I haven't sorted them all yet, but here are a few.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also got a few of John Reynolds' crash in the second race.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr noOdles
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 02:48 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT no kayagama.......... Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkyPancake
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:24 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr noOdles wrote:

Kagayama is now in World Superbikes on the Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra team.

Kiyonari's cool too though.

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics as usual. Thumbs Up Out of curiosity what camera do you use? Looking to upgrade from my crappy current one ASAP, and god knows there's too much to choose from.

Mr noOdles wrote:

Laughing Would've been a surprise if he popped up in any of the pics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 10:55 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to go... but didnt. Smile

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 11:21 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are some sweet pics you've taken there. Thumbs Up

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics, kinda pissed all over my thread Laughing https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=57977

I did not see Reynolds come off although we saw the dust rise above the paddocks, and shortly after see him walking back down the pit lane waving his arms as if to say "WTF" Smile

What cam you using Silver?

Cluck cluck chicken

Last edited by CoronaBoner on 15:19 - 22 Aug 2005; edited 1 time in total

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Silver.
Thumbs Up

Dom it's a Canon EOS 300D

Would love to have been there, looked like nice weather.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wrote:
Out of curiosity what camera do you use? Looking to upgrade from my crappy current one ASAP, and god knows there's too much to choose from.

swaffs wrote:
Dom it's a Canon EOS 300D

Would love to have been there, looked like nice weather.

Almost Swaffs. It's a Canon EOS 350D with Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 lens.

The weather was too hot if anything, we were sweating buckets! Still, it was an improvement over the monsoon that was MotoGP! Very Happy

Here are a few more pictures from a different part of the track.

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Almost Swaffs. It's a Canon EOS 350D with Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 lens.

Lovely shots... they do make me wonder if I should just save up until I can afford a digital SLR. There's too much bloody choice. Neutral

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wrote:
Lovely shots... they do make me wonder if I should just save up until I can afford a digital SLR. There's too much bloody choice. Neutral

Don't forget the lens though - it cost more than the camera! Wink

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Dom wrote:

I know, it's insane! A quick scan reveals Jessops had it for £650 including a lens, but I have no idea how good that is, obviously not anything like as flashy as your Sigma lens, but still a hell of a lot of money. Would be nice to be able to rent one really, see if I really do want to spend that kind of money.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wrote:
I know, it's insane! A quick scan reveals Jessops had it for £650 including a lens, but I have no idea how good that is, obviously not anything like as flashy as your Sigma lens, but still a hell of a lot of money. Would be nice to be able to rent one really, see if I really do want to spend that kind of money.

That's the 18-55mm lens. Okay to get you started but really not up to much, quality wise (or zoom). I've found eBay a good place to pick lenses up Thumbs Up

Project9928
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:58 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say they are some very nice shots there Very Happy

How did the Sigma lens hold up? From my experience with sigma, the auto focus really struggles and was quite slow. Hopefully they have improved since.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project9928 wrote:
Must say they are some very nice shots there Very Happy

How did the Sigma lens hold up? From my experience with sigma, the auto focus really struggles and was quite slow. Hopefully they have improved since.

Cheers.

The focus is generally pretty quick and accurate. It got mixed up a couple of times and focused on the wire fencing instead of the track, but you can't have everything! When you said 'how did it hold up' I thought you might be referring to the weight... christ it's heavy if you stand there holding the bastard up for 45 minutes! Laughing

MarkyPancake
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:09 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are some that I took.

Last edited by MarkyPancake on 12:04 - 10 Oct 2006; edited 1 time in total

cbrbiker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:26 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Silver, were you just in normal crowd areas then? Looks like you were bloody sitting next to the tarmac!

How much did the lens set you back? Must have been a fair bit? And how portable is it using a bike? I usually carry my EOS 300D and my 75-300 lens in my rucksack on my back.

I want me one of those lenses!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cbrbiker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:29 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Dom wrote:

*gulp!*

https://search.ebay.co.uk/Sigma-50-500_W0QQfkrZ1QQfltZ9QQfromZR8QQsatitleZSigmaQ2050Q2d500

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 23 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrbiker wrote:
Hey Silver, were you just in normal crowd areas then? Looks like you were bloody sitting next to the tarmac!

Yep, just in the normal areas. Just had a look round the track to see where the best points were in terms of being able to see over the fence into corners etc. A 500mm lens gets you very close Thumbs Up (as long as you keep it steady).

cbrbiker wrote:
How much did the lens set you back? Must have been a fair bit? And how portable is it using a bike? I usually carry my EOS 300D and my 75-300 lens in my rucksack on my back.

I paid £500 from eBay for a two month old lens (he sent me the receipt). They retail at £900, but I saw them advertised on the net for about £750ish.

I've got a Targus backpack (just had a look on their site but can't find it Confused ) which is all padded etc and has the perfect amount of room the get the camera with sigma lens attached in it, as well as the smaller 75-300mm lens plus a smaller lens and CF cards etc. It's actually an ideal size - not too big and bulky.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1