Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

tires again (sorry forgot)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 02:13 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: tires again (sorry forgot) Reply with quote

right went and took my wheels to universale tyres 2day(watling) and they were closed ?????? on a Sat afternoon. Anyway was going to get battleaxe 10's or 20's as i have heard nothing but bad about the dragon evos that were on the cbr in the wet and a biker the other day when i asked him at work laffed at me and said quote "get those heaps of **** off ur bike.

So 10 are as i understand softer and warm up more/quicker normally for lighter 400's???

And 20 are Duel compound and are longer lasting.

But they both good in the wet????

i ant no foggity so i dought i will be riding around constantly with my nee on the ground Laughing

ow and it was 185£ all dun for the 10's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 02:27 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I haven't tried an 020 front, I'd definatley reccomended the 010 front, I've got an 020 rear on the 6 and I think I did notice the 010 being generally a bit better despite hardly having pushed the 020.

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 09:09 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 20s on the Bandit (front and back), and I have never had any problems with them. Good grip and feel in both the dry and the wet. They also seem to last quite a long time (6000 miles for a rear) which is good if you do a lot of millage like I do.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:01 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both supposed to be very good tires, with the 10's better dry and the 20's better wet. But they aint bad at all.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:05 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 010s seems to be generally better for me, including in the wet. They seem to heat up a bit quicker which may be soemthing to do with it.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:11 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does surprise me that theyre better in the wet - what with the 20's being the wet weather tire...

Stupid Bridgestone!!

What bike are they for?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:23 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both tyres have a high silcone percentage in the compund which helps grip in the wet. I've got my knee down with 010s in the wet, I wouldn't be confident ot do taht on 020s.

The 020 has slightly more tread, which should displace water better however.

Both tyre types have been on the zx6r.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:03 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 010's are generally sticker, but won't last as long as the 020's.
The 020's are great for normal/agressive riding, but if you're gonna be caining it you'll want 010's

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:07 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: evilbob Reply with quote

cheers lads i have convinced my dad to take my wheels down on friday afternoon to get em dun wohooo getting there!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 19:13 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one's you going for?

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:32 - 02 Feb 2003    Post subject: rubber's Reply with quote

i think i will put 20's on both for now as i do alot of milage and if they are suppost to be good in the rain and they both sound like they are then i will be happy Smile

convinced i never lean over far enough anyway Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 88 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1