BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bandit ??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:09 - 03 Feb 2003    Post subject: Bandit ?? Reply with quote

Ok hears the problem my goose clocks are pooped and they obvisouley are in KPH and been quite a rare bike u can just get hold of some like most bikes.......But the good thing is it has Bandit clocks but with diffrent faces on them,

-first thing would the the taco be ok with a bandit clock as mine only revs up to 12000 and bandits rev to 14000 rpm, the 12 on mine is where the 12 is on a bandit clock so it looks ok?

- second what size is the front wheel of a bandit so i can make sure the speedo will be the same ration and things?

and is it poserble to remove the faces of the clocks without compleatley killing them?

hears the Goose clock so u can see what i mean
https://www.snet.ne.jp/nozawa/oiltemp01.1.jpg
https://www.snet.ne.jp/nozawa/oil70.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 12:25 - 03 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just get the in-line converter from KM/h and MPH?

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 12:28 - 03 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything will fit if you want it to
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:00 - 03 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Are both the rev counters electronic? If one or both are mechanical then that is another whole new can of worms.

If they are electronic then they work by counting the number of ignitions pulses (car ones tend to work off the coil which means they only work for an engine with the same number of cylinders, or they work off the ECU). Suspect that both the Goose and the Bandit will work on a wasted spark ignitions, so a single coil on the Bandit will spark once per rotation of the crank, and the same for the Goose

Speedo may be more difficult. Not sure what ratio the gearbox on the front wheel is set up as on both

If you do use the Bandit clocks and they do read correctly on the tacho, they wont if you then swap the clock backs over

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:04 - 03 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about seeing if you can take the covers off the clocks?

You might be able to make up some in a grpahics program and print them off, then stick them in your current clocks.

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:53 - 04 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

the speedo is from a cable as on the bandit and the taco is digital like the bandit so i'm thinking it should be an easy swop, also the speeds and rpm are in the same place as on the bandits so i suspect they have just put KPH faces on them wiht a lower rpm and speed, companys dont like making things 2 bike specific and exspensive.

If i did get some clocks i would be tempted to put the goose faces on them cos they look loads better than the uk bandit ones Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 86 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1