Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

light problem???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

nsrke
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 05 Feb 2003    Post subject: light problem??? Reply with quote

today i finally got my plate me verry happy off course
but Confused
when the engine is running, the light is very low or just no light and when I increase the throttle doesn't make the light's glow harder
it is a new battery
is there anything broken? my alternator?
tomorrow i am gonna charge my battery but i can't do this for ever Crying or Very sad
what is my problem

thanx

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 22:29 - 05 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps the connector to the battery is only slightly on or theres a dodgy wire connecting to the battery, just check all the possible wires. if you a voltage tester test to see which bit is broke
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:31 - 05 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably a dodgy wire somewhere, or possibly the regulator / rectifier. Check the wiring first (doesnt cost you anything), and check with a voltmeter over the terminals of the battery. You should get about 13V, rising to about 14.5~15 volts as you rev the engine. If the voltage doesnt go up and the wiring is OK then it is probably the regulator / rectifier

All the best

Keith

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 22:32 - 05 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tryed it on high beem too as the bulb may have gone and you just have side lights
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slimboyfat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:04 - 06 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello peeps.

Yeah matey, i'm having the same problem with my lights, its because my regulator/rectifier is knackered. It has also fucked my battery because its not controlling current to my battery....sometimes it gets 14.4v, then 0.4v, then 32.6v, hense fucked battery. Took it to my local Honda dealer and there gonna replace the regulator and gimme a new battery on the warranty so no probs my end.

Hope this helps and get well soon bike!! Smile

WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!! :lol

nsrke
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 06 Feb 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

if my regulator is broken, just suppose, i don't know this for sure yet
is this regulator of an NSR50 the as one of a NS125R?
because i don't think my honda dealer has one of a NS125R in stock and if he has to order it, it will take about 6 weeks orso to get here. but i do think he has one of a NSR50 in stock
please help thanx

P.S if any of you guys has a good one at home orso for a fair price and if that person is willing to send it to belgium, please also reply,
i don't know if it's needed yet but is handy for when i do need it

thanx
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1