|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Milo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Milo World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Feb 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:13 - 06 Sep 2005 Post subject: Hornet fuel tank confusion |
 |
|
Up to today all I've been able to squeeze in to the tank is not much over 10 litres, and now today I've just got about 13 in there.
I was filling her the same way, with no extra weight or pillion and with the bike strait upright as always.
I was only a few miles in to the reserve (as normal) and wasn't riding any different to normal.
I've checked the owners manual and the tank's apparently 16l with a 3l reserve.
Other things that may be worth noting...I rode 160 very spirited ( ) motorway miles on Sunday, and used optimax stuff there and back.
Needless to say I'm rather confused - what can you other Hornet 600 owners get in to the tank with only barely touching the reserve? ____________________ Shaft drives rule.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jay12329 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jay12329 Dr. Evil

Joined: 02 May 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Milo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Milo World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Feb 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| scol1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 scol1 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 26 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:41 - 08 Sep 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good message board for Hornets here,I'm sure you'll get a few replies to your question if you post on here............................
https://p196.ezboard.com/bhornetsnest56467
John. ____________________ CB1300,a proper bike! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Milo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Milo World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Feb 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:53 - 13 Sep 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
First off sorry to bring up an old topic but I do have something to add.
You know that tankful where I managed to get 13 litres in? Well it lasted the shortest distance I've ever had - 79 miles!
I'm thinking the fuel pump mst have been faulty or tampered with.
I've tried very hard to get so much fuel in there again and with only a few miles in to the reserve I can barely get more than 10.
I've no posted up on that other board but I will do - thanks for the link.  ____________________ Shaft drives rule.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| scol1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 scol1 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 26 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|