Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Running problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 09:15 - 08 Feb 2002    Post subject: Running problems Reply with quote

Hey guys

went to ride the bike to work this morning, start first time as normal and idealed as normal while I unlocked the gate/shed etc!

then when I came to rev it, it died, its not a new NSR in fact its the old NS125R. Rolling Eyes

Now if this had happened in the car I would assume the mixture was wrong as it seeemed to be letting to much air in? not sure!

Any suggestions of what I can check this afternoon (after all it is Friday Laughing )when I go home?

The bike hadn't been run for a couple of weeks as the weather here has been terible! Confused

there is petrol in it, and I assume its getting through (although I will be checking this!

cheers for any suggestions

Hex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:35 - 08 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason just before my NSR runs outta petrol if she idleing she revs like a bastard, no idea y!!

If you leave the choke on too long the engine will cut out and i can cause problems trying to start it, ill bet wen u try to start her wen u get home there'll be no probs at all!!!!Thats the way it goes!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 11:41 - 08 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibally thinking it may be water in the float bowl of the carb, I'll try when I get home and if not shall be checking fillters and then flush the float bowl out to see if that clears it!

oh well I'll getthe bugger back on the road somehow Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:35 - 08 Feb 2002    Post subject: Playing up Reply with quote

Hi

It could be water in the fuel (I have had that), but probably not that likely just from being parked up. My guess would be the engine is flooded, with the needle valve in the carb not sealing perfectly. Take the plug out and turn it over with the kick start (ignition OFF), and see if you get any fuel flung out

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 14:13 - 09 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem sorted!

Not quite sure what it was, not sure if it was a block or a bit of water in the float bowl!

Took the fuel hose of and gave it a good blow down (into the carb) while tapping the fule bowl!

started and it reved freely again! sorted!

Cheers Guys

Hex

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:24 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely!!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1