Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Probs with the starter motor

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bodoe

PostPosted: 18:43 - 09 Feb 2002    Post subject: Probs with the starter motor Reply with quote

Hello, im from sweden (if there is another swede out there reading this).

I'm having some problems with my bike, a "NSR 125 R" -91, it wont start and i my conclusion is that there is something wrong with the starter motor. But thats not the real problem, since i belive i can fix it...perhaps, the real problem is that i cant remove it. If i want to remove the starter motor i have to remove another part, and to remove that part i have to remove additional parts....and so on.

My question is as follows:
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A SULUTION TO MY PROBLEM?!?

Every little help is appreciated
Thanks
/Bodoe
You must be logged in to rate posts

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:47 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can u bump start it???

If not then its prob fuk all 2 do wiv the starter!!

When u press the button is there a clicking noise?it should cum from the back of the bike!if you dont hear this it prob the relay thats fuked, if you do hear this its prob the solenoid or contacts are buggered!!

Check the fukin battery aint dead!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 13:21 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, im not that stupid that im going to remove the starter motor before checking other device and stuff. The battery is OK and that relay youre talking about is working fine...

I can bump start it and i belive the starter motor is the problem. Still, i cant remove the startermotor since there r alot of other junk in the way...that means that i cant reach the screws.

What selenoid where u talkin about?

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:01 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: STARTER Reply with quote

I HAVENNT DONE MUCH WORK TO NSRS BUT IF IT IS A PRE-ENGAUGED STARTER THE SOLINOID LOOKS LIKE A SECOND MOTOR ON TOP OF THE STARTER MOTER ITSELF IT WORKS SIMILAR TO A RELAY IF U CAN TAKE IT APART CHEAK THAT THE CONTACTS HAVENT BURNT OUT. IF THEY ARE OK CHEAK THE BRUSHES IN THE BOTTOM OF THE STARTER MOTER THEY SHOULD LOOK LIKE LITTLE SQUARE PEICES OF PENCILE LEAD, THEY ARE ONLY ABOUT 3 OR 4 QUID A SET BUT MAY BE HARD TO GET. WHAT SORT OF NOISE IS THE STARTER MOTER MAKING WHEN U HIT THE BUTTON, IT WOULD GIVE ME A BETTER IDEA WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bodoe

PostPosted: 14:34 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noise? What noise Confused

Its dead like the fish in the Thames River

My question was how to remove the starter motor, scince i am pretty sure that it is damaged och something like that...BUT...this morning, with some help from my crowbar Very Happy i managed to get it loose...and i checked the motor and it was completley dead...

Thanks for the litle help given...my problem is solved.
/Bodoe

As we say in Sweden: "Practise gives experience"

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 15:06 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say, your English is very good.
A lot better than most of the Swedes that used to come on here.

....Even puts 'some' of us lot to shame!
Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 17:55 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just let me print that out and give it to my english teacher...LOL! Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1