Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TM, VOR, GAS GAS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

spitfire
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:53 - 07 Sep 2005    Post subject: TM, VOR, GAS GAS Reply with quote

Anybody had any experience of the above brands?

They all seem to make enduro bikes that look good (especially the TM) but I'm suspect that they might be unreliable, not as well made as some of the more known brands and difficult to source parts for?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 08 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate of mine has a gas gas pampera.

parts availability is okay, build quality is shite, e.g lacquer coming off the panels, chain made of cheese...

Wink
Thumbs Up

knockout_bar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:11 - 14 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few goes on my mates Gas Gas TXT270. I almost killed myself on it!!!!

"egg flied lice" - R6jonny (inspired by McGee) Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fatgreek
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:42 - 22 Sep 2005    Post subject: Re: TM, VOR, GAS GAS Reply with quote

spitfire wrote:
Anybody had any experience of the above brands?

They all seem to make enduro bikes that look good (especially the TM) but I'm suspect that they might be unreliable, not as well made as some of the more known brands and difficult to source parts for?

TM: Very heavy Sad and really expensive on bits one of the boys in our club has just got rid of his for that reason It fell to bits Crying or Very sad

Gassers: 3 riders in our club have em 2 have the EC250 and the other has an EC300. Any parts available with next day delivery through Gasgas UK and nowhere near as expensive on bits as some of the other makes. I've had a 99 EC250 for 2 yrs and apart from routine maintainence i've only had to replace the usual bits you would on any machine and i rag the arse off it 2 days a week every week Wink The Pampera isn't really a true out n out dirt bike, different carb, suspention and a lot less HP

Best of luck with whatever you settle on Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SpikeHammer
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a TM and a Gas Gas.

The TM is in a different league to most dirt/supermoto bikes available from the factory.
The two strokes FLY and the newer 4T's are awesome...just look at this years ISDE results for the bikes...and then realise that they are standard compared to the factory entries from other factories.

The Gas Gas is possibly the best all budget enduro machine available and parts and service are really good. Use people like John Shirt Jnr at Gas Gas UK or Dave at BikeTech in Trowbridge.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1