Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

If you're into off-road bikes and want to sell your bike....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
 Topic moved: from Bikes & Accessories to Offroad & Supermoto by Korn (26 Sep 2005 - 22:24)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: If you're into off-road bikes and want to sell your bike.... Reply with quote

Intro - based on my own experiences (injuries this year I had to change bikes - took me months to find my '05 YZ) decided we needed a site with stacks of MX bikes to choose from and I wanted to do something towards the sport as a passionate rider myself.

Support - speaking with Dave at Southcoast, Eileen from Inchains Mark at Poole Motorcycles, Karen from Matchams, Ian and Julian from Cussers, Tony M, Peter from NORR, as well as celebrity friends from the sport, I’m starting to make huge steps towards the goal of making available a site that’s nationally recognised as a good site for finding off-road bikes. I've spoken to manufacturers also to legally post sample images of each bike - no more adverts without something to look at.

Next Steps - I’m about to embark on a massive marketing effort, (every decent publication, decent sites, clubs, tracks, online links, hardcopy adverts, banners at tracks) that will put the bike listings in front of a lot of buyers.

To help everyone trying to find ‘your’ bike - It’s FREE to list your bike and takes one short form, (the plus side for me is I’m doing something for the sport and I might see a bike I like sooner!).

If you want to sell your bike fast, take a look at the search and visitor stats - https://www.mxchange.co.uk

Cheers.

Last edited by Sharrison on 22:52 - 26 Sep 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPAM in a tin! Rolling Eyes

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: If you're into off-road bikes and want to sell your bike.... Reply with quote

I'm new to the forum, I thought the exchange and mart section was to advertise sites or services that you have to offer - at least that's what I thought it said in the terms and conditions.

Hey, I'm not trying to upset anyone - I'm doing something that's supposed to help us find a bike....and in fact make it easier to change our bikes more often.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could introduce yourself properly first! Your first post is an advert! IMO, thats spam!

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:41 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exchange and Mart is for advertising isn't it? Wouldn't I put a more friendly and welcoming posts in the other forums?

If I've abused the system I apologise.
Not feeling too welcome on the forum right now?...

I was hoping the advert might spark some conversation and give me something to talk about maybe......oh well.....

yzf750r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, fair enough! Got off to a bad start. Welcome anyway!

Introduce yourself in new bikers, tell people what your about!

Thumbs Up Karma

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you edit your post and increase the size of your font?

It is awffy small and at this time of the day, I can't be bothered squinting to read it.

Thank yoooou. Smile

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks. I'll pop over to that forum now then.

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instigator - good point, it's been a long day for me too.
Thanks.

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have helped if you read the forum rules before posting. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Thou Shalt Not Spam
Non bike related adverts are not welcome here. However if you have a business selling motorcycle related products or services you are welcome to advertise it in the Exchange & Mart section. Please note, however, that the harder you try to sell your ad, the more flak you are likely to incur from other users.

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand your post? - it is a bike related advert. It's a site dedicated to help you find your next off-road bike?

I thought I'd already been reprimanded for this.....? it's great being a newbe ahe?...

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm getting at is that many people see a n00b member posting in E&M first off as a bit cheeky, especially if it's a business.

Last edited by Mr.Everready on 23:17 - 26 Sep 2005; edited 1 time in total

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not, it's free! But what difference would it make if it was???

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but wasn't that covered by yzf750r already. I just get the feeling people want to beat me up here?

I've also posted in the new bikers section and no-one has replied to me.....

All I'm getting is negative responses and I thought I'd followed the rules exactly?

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the way it works here. If we think it's spam we rate it as so.
And personally i think it is.

Sharrison
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I give up. This is a very unfriendly forum. How am I supposed to know 'the way it works' - so you don't get any chances then.

I won't post again.

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post again if you like, it makes no odds to me.
Rad the forum rules and see how the karma system works, it's there for everyone.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 23:51 - 26 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I need to expand the definition of spam for those who still don't get it, otherwise this is going to keep happening. Not exactly a great introduction to the forum, being jumped on like that for a perfectly reasonable post...

If you don't want to see adverts, stay out of the classifieds section! Rolling Eyes Brick Wall

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 00:08 - 27 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst you're sorting that out can you sort out the cocks in funny stuff who spit out their dummies if you post something that has already been posted 6 months ago. Rolling Eyes

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 27 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Sharrison! I think your post is pretty good timing; MX and Supermoto is taking off a bit here, always good to get some more info! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 209 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1