Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So I finally got my bike at the weekend...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:44 - 11 Feb 2002    Post subject: So I finally got my bike at the weekend... Reply with quote

Saturday- got my mate keith to drive me out to carnell birmingham. got there at about 9.45 and i could see my bike parked outside, all ready and waiting...
or so I thought. after waiting abouyt 20 minutes for the sales dude to finish with some other customers he told me that they hadn;t had time to finish the final PDI so I'd have to wait around half an hour or so. so I wait and he comes back over and says that they've found that the brand new bike is pissing fuel out of the carb. obviously they aren't going to give me the bike in that condition so they'll have to rebuild the carb*. wait another hour and a half. finally bike is ready at about half past 12. ride out into birmingham city centre to head back home, with keith following as backup. get about half way home andf the engine cuts out on dual carraigeway. pull to side of road and scratch head. oh, i realise, i just need to switch it onto the reserve... then look at fuel tap. it's already on the reserve. penny drops. dealer didn't put any more petrol in to replace sizable quantity that it had spat out onto the floor. get taken to petty station (only about half a mile away) get home. I wouldn't have minded if they'd only warned me there wasn't much gas in it, but they had said that they'd put plenty in...

now comes the fun of restraining myself so I keep to the running-in schedule...

*problem was apoparently some swarf was blocking the movement of the float, stopping it closing the valve.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1