Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Wave goodbye to green lanes...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

RascalsCustar...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:13 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Wave goodbye to green lanes... Reply with quote

https://www.trf.org.uk/news.php?OP=25

Our government = total bunch of wankers. Thumbs Down

spitfire
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:30 - 18 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its never really bothered me, splat of mud over the number plate, slow down and be polite to walkers and horses, not had any problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can ban it all they like, but they're joking theirselves if they think it will stop it. I see this for a number of reasons. Most of all being people will have to be reported, and by the time the rozzers can be bothered getting there your gone already. Most members of the public wont bother to report you if you stick to the green laning guidelines anyway (eg. politeness, slow down for horses). Back in my offroading days, i rode a highly (untaxed, unlicensed, untested) bike, and im almost sure i rode it a few places i probably shouldent have. But i came to the conclusion that i had never been reported, even in places that i had been for hours at a time.

Hell, one time i pushed my bike past a cop car on my way to my regular offroading spot. Completely obvious it was an illegal bike, but i was wearing full gear, so i recon they must have thought nothing of it.The law wont stand up and they wont be able to reinforce it by a long shot! I wouldent worry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

spitfire
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:17 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, agreed

Just out of interest I went to the ramblers web site (they are one of the main campainers) most of the speak is about 4x4's, I wonder if it's them that have caused most of the upset.

Thought I would go to their forum and stir it up, sorry I mean add some constructive comments, however there is a post from their moderator saying all 4x4 type posts will be removed, cowards Thumbs Down Just typical of ramblers, spineless Laughing

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i could see why they would want to ban 4x4's, they do a considerable amount of damage to the ground and take up alot of the road. But c'mon, no more than two horses and a carriage would have churned up and taken up back in the old days! Motorbikes do very little damage unless you'r trying to do it, in the winter months, there was about 6 inches deep of mush in the main take off spot in my old offroading place, but it recovered the same every year.

Ive now moved away from the area and ive heard theyre spending millions on the same place to turn it into a park! Even though its on the grounds of an old batterry factory (and trust me, that soil is not normal!). They will have a hard time keeping the offroaders out of the place now, its been used for quads and motorbikes as long as i can remember. A family i know has 3 bikes and a massive sized quad they use in there. At one point they put up a concrete post to prevent entry....

.....It was sledgehammered down within days

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:25 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

New hobby needs to get started. Off roading in one of these....

Perfect for those country lanes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:34 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going green laning on saturday, and the next saturday, and the saturday after.. will never stop me Middle Finger Mr. Green Middle Finger

knockout_bar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:56 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
I'm going green laning on saturday, and the next saturday, and the saturday after.. will never stop me Middle Finger Mr. Green Middle Finger

Don't forget Weston beach next year (though, that's not really "green" laning).

"egg flied lice" - R6jonny (inspired by McGee) Thumbs Up

spitfire
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:24 - 19 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that a post about fundamental motorcycle rights being removed only gets 7 (now 8) replies, where as I noticed a post on off topic chat about Vespa leaving gets many many replies ?????

Yes I know most dont off road but today it's green lanes, then its motocross, what next, track days ? road riding for pleasure?

Maybe we should upgrade it to general bike chat ?

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green laning/offroading doesnt really apply to alot of people on the forum, if it got put on general chat, it would get a few more posts and then die!

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:18 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wont stop me riding round the local feilds. They can try and stop me, but they'll fail, as usual. Laughing

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to do green laning, but wont want to get into shit with the law again. Ive just orderd a fair few alpinestar bits. Anyone know of any dirt tracks aroudn South London? Or anyone wonna take me green laning early next year? Embarassed

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:01 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking into flogging the bandit to get another enduro machine so I can start offroading again. I'll be riding a legal bike anyway, but banning bikes from the green lanes wont stop me from using them at all. I have the gear, just need a CRM250 and I'm good to go. Laughing

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 18:18 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify; you can still ride on an unsurfaced BOATs (Byways Open to All Traffic) so it's not the end of "legal" green laning... yet! But it does mean that more than half the lanes which were still legal up to this point (RUPPs) are now not legal.

That is to say - the lanes are still there, they are still perfectly rideable and there are still no police anywhere near them. It's just now against the law to ride them. Just like it's against the law to break the speed limit...

That'll work then! Laughing

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to go down the off road route as well... just hope that there is somewhere left to ride by the time I can afford it. Confused

Good to hear it shouldn't make much difference though.

knockout_bar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:10 - 20 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
That is to say - the lanes are still there, they are still perfectly rideable and there are still no police anywhere near them. It's just now against the law to ride them. Just like it's against the law to break the speed limit...

Nicely said Twisted Evil.

"egg flied lice" - R6jonny (inspired by McGee) Thumbs Up

spitfire
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:50 - 21 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
Just to clarify; you can still ride on an unsurfaced BOATs (Byways Open to All Traffic) so it's not the end of "legal" green laning... yet! But it does mean that more than half the lanes which were still legal up to this point (RUPPs) are now not legal.

That'll work then! Laughing

good point !

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 21 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they may have shot themselves in the foot here.

Cus everyone knows its cooler when its illegal Cool

RascalsCustar...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:07 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see where you guys are coming from...but does the fact that the government have lied through their front teeth to the TRF about what has been going on, raise any eyebrows?

I mean, theres already been rumours of them planning to totally ban biking...eventually.

To make an analogy between biking and smoking...pfft, it's really getting unacceptable. Smoking right, that's supposedly dangerous too, and they're pushing bloody hard to ban it in all public places, possibly, eventually, totally in the future. Just like everything else, they're doing it gradually to try and get people to accept it.

It seems to be the case that anything that is dangerous should not be allowed and that treating the nation like a bunch of children by creating a 'nanny state' is the way forward. B****cks to them, what ever happened to natural selection and darwinism. It's impossible to protect somebody from themselves! What a total bunch of lying w***ers.

RascalsCustar...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:10 - 24 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words... Middle Finger Twisted Evil Middle Finger ...I'll ride wherever I feel it.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 01:00 - 25 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

RascalsCustard wrote:
I mean, theres already been rumours of them planning to totally ban biking...eventually.

First they came for the fox hunters, but I did not speak up because I was not a fox hunter.
Then they came for the smokers, but I did not speak up because I was not a smoker.

Then ...
Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 187 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1