My Day Out

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 00:03 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: My Day Out Reply with quote

What can I say? Wow.

We had an early start, brought the bike out, last finishing touches, indicators had been fitted the night before by yours truely, in the pitch black, and we fitted the rear light unit. Anyhow, my Dad rode the bike upto Parkwood and we went in the car, stopping to fill up on the way. Wouldn't want to run out now would we?

We got there and there were a few other bikers on 250s etc. and they were all displaying fine riding, up to the top of the big hill and back down again, there was a nice smell of four stroke to complement the morning air. My Dad went around on the bike for abit, just feeling out the terrain etc.

We walked up to the main part of the track, all we could hear was the buzzing of crossers and scramblers, like being in a hornet's nest. We watched the regulars buzzing around, taking the jumps like they were mere speed bumps. Then my Dad uttered the words....'You want a go?'

I accepted his kind offer, and the adrenalin started to flow. I geared up and mounted the bike, which was purring. I revved it a few times, and it growled into action, like a Harley, but alot nicer. 'VROOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOM' it went, the bike vibrated. It was time to go. I let the clutch out to find the biting point, and gave it a few revs. Jesus it runs on hardly any!

I increased the revs, and let the clutch out a little more and away it went, taking me faster and faster, the acceleration was really immense compared to my bike. 0 - brown trousers in no time whatsoever! I kicked it upto 2nd and it really took off, like a rocket had just exploded underneath me! I hung on for dear life, the terrain making it all the more scary as the bike bounced off rocks etc.

There were many puddles, and as the tires aren't entirely right it was like riding with flat slicks across bumps. But I hung on. I got a feel for the bike, was stood on the pegs in around 10 minutes of first getting on it. When I felt like getting cocky it slapped me back into line. I was just taking it slowly, and then it happened.

I was at the top of a gentle hill, and felt like going to tell my Dad how it had been, so I set off, and slowly accelerated down the hill. Into 2nd, then 3rd, I soon realised I couldn't actually stop. So I was flying down a bumpy hill, it was all I could do to hang on for dear life and scream like a girl, as the handlebars went abso-f*cking-lutely nuts in my hands. I eventually stopped safely, and realised....I just had my first tankslapper!! Very Happy

I went back upto where my Dad was sat, only to be informed I had nearly run him over, and he was amazed how I stayed on the bike Surprised! So I celebrated by doing a uber-leet burnout in the mud Very Happy Then I did a few more laps of my personal route and handed the beast back over to my Dad Smile

So that's it boys and girls, my offroading cherry popped by the mighty Suzuki DRZ400. I hope you enjoyed my write up Smile Here are the pictures...

Last edited by phantomtek on 00:33 - 21 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 00:08 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like my first time on an off-road bike Laughing

having it at high revs in a low gear is funny, every bump you hit you pull on the throttle by accident, causing small power wheelies Laughing

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:12 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics don't load for me...

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:16 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics not workin Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 00:24 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go Thumbs Up Smile Karma

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 00:39 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised I put them up and nobody looks Sad

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:42 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the DRZ you got for £800? The pic in that thread was yellow?! your pics are blue? Eh?

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 00:45 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Thread wrote:
(It's not the same bike, just model. More pictures this weekend Thumbs Up)

Thumbs Up

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:54 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO at the first pic! Laughing Got a bit confused when i saw that!

"Here are the pics:".....some.....dog?

Looks good though i would love to do a bit of offroading, especially on a 400 Cool

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. Now all you need is a new digital camera! Razz

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 01:01 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one cost £5. I'm not complaining. Razz

By the way, the dog is supposed to be there. It's expression is as mine was when I saw the bike go Razz

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you dont look like Butters really dissapoints me. Crying or Very sad

Perhaps some foil to add to your helmet to make you captain Chaos would do the trick lol Thumbs Up

Nice bike by the way mate!

space
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:09 - 21 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

............and some decent tyres!

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 01:13 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaben wrote:
The fact that you dont look like Butters really dissapoints me. Crying or Very sad

Perhaps some foil to add to your helmet to make you captain Chaos would do the trick lol Thumbs Up

Nice bike by the way mate!

Well I'm sorry I don't look like him blame my parents lol I wouldn't mind a Butters custom sprayed helmet though Laughing

Seems Bendy and Stinkwheel feel the same way, I'm off into exile till I look more Butters-like. Or should it be Buttery... Thinking

Oh and thanks Thumbs Up

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

https://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SOP/pdDLSOP0013.jpg

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 15:47 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I was gonna say...

'Guess you can't believe it's not Butters huh?'

LOL beat me to it though Thumbs Up Laughing

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mate Wink lol

You should def look into a custom lid for that. Would look dead cool!

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 20:58 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one!! I been asking how much and Bendy informed me it would be alot of money, but I definitely want one in the future Thumbs Up

Anyway back on topic, any comments welcome...

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more topic hijack, no more, honest guv!!

But my go at making a butters helmet. Im no photoshopper, and had to use paint,so go easy lol.

Now back to his wicked bike and brown pant riding nostalgia!

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 21:48 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fallen in love. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 22 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can throw a ninja star in your eye if you want me too!
Looks like great fun...must be even better for you since your bike worked, i dont think my bike worked for the whole time i took it out in the whole time i had it Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1