BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cbr 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Adam_W
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:22 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Cbr 125 Reply with quote

ok i have seen many people claiming they have got 90 mph etc out of their cbrs , now i know myself this is a load of bollocks Thumbs Down
i get 70 - 75 mph 80 mph down hill and i weigh 8 st 11 ..
i have beeen reading about other people with cbr 125's they say that the micron exhuasts increase bhp by 2 <- is this worth paying £200 for ? ( trying to keep up with my m8's on there 2 strokes )

i also read they may be a kit for a cbr with gives it more speed .. is this true? and if so where would i go about looking for one ?

its a honda Cbr 125r 2005 model and i am 17 years old Wink

Pic : https://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7463/mycbr0li.th.jpg

im happy with my cbr so i dont need people telling me i should have got a 2 stroke , just wondering if its possible to get a bit more .. with these soo called kits ?

any help appreciated Thumbs Up

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quickest and cheapest way of gaining more speed/power is to get on the blower and book your test.

You, will, pour money down the drain if you try and squeeze more mph out of your bike. Speedo's are optimistic anyway, you won't be doing 80mph when it indicates that.

If you must, then yes, buy a pipe. However, don't buy it on the impression it will increase your BHP to a noticeable affect. It may make your ride smoother or acceleration a minute bit quicker but not anything that is really worth £200 of your money.

No idea what you mean by a 'kit', if they did indeed call it a 'kit' then 99% chance they are talking bollocks and they don't even know what it is they purchased. Oh, and before you ask, no, the powerbands on sale on ebay won't work on your cbr125.

They only work on 2 strokes. Wink

Adam_W
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:33 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh your prob right i need to pay off the money to my parents before i can book my test .. i owe them £1100 still for the bike Shocked

thanks for the help Wink

Adam_W
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing.. how much should i expect to sell it for? i am selling it at the start of the summer , i clean it every sunday . . and make sure it is sparkling took good care of it even paid to get my light bulbs changed when they blew bcs i didnt want to mess about with it incase i messed it up Rolling Eyes

i bought it £1800 from its first owner that only done 700 on the clock it will still have about 1 year and a bit warrenty on it and coverd by AA for a year and a bit

i dont have a clue about selling and prices
any ideas what i should look for i want to get a cbr 400 . . hopefully if i save enough

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:34 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Best bet is to check autotrader or ebay and see what other models in similar condition as yours go for. Because motorcycling tends to be a seasonal hobby (i.e a lot of people sell up or store their bikes for the winter) bikes are always priced lower in winter. They go up in Spring and that'd be the best time to sell.

Unfortunately I have no idea what cbr125's are worth, sorry, but there are plenty on ebay/autotrader to assist you in making an estimate. Thumbs Up

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are possibilities for the CBR motor, but as Instigator said, it's really not worth it. There was an interesting thread on which a sidecar outfit used a CBR 125 motor, with 2 up they had had a genuine 95 MPH (obviously with a lot of tuning). However they did say that they were going to come up against an outfit with an MZ125 motor which is superior in just about every way.

I have looked into tuning the MZ motor i got, but it would take about a grand to get it to 20 or so horsepower.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:53 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You might get a touch more power from playing with the exhaust and air filter. Say you got 3hp, taking it to ~16hp. Rough guess that would add 5mph to your top speed.

For top speed aerodynamics are important. Getting flat on the tank is important, as is wearing a fairly tight fitting jacket. A loose jacket flapping around will hammer the top speed.

Also consider that maybe you are just being more honest with you top speed than some people are Wink .

The easiest way to get more performance would probably be to buy the engine from the CBR150 (extra 25cc and a 4 valve head) that the CBR125 is based on. However it is not going to be anything like as quick as a 2 stroke, will cost a fair amount and will not add anything to the resale value.

All the best

Keith

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:42 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stick with it as it is, pay ya folks back then get ya test sorted, not worth spending all that money on tuning one of them.... its like trying to make a CG125 beat the land speed record Laughing

And adding aftermarket stuff and playing with air boxes will invalidate any warranty remaining on the bike therefore devaluing it when you come to sell it

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:54 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont try and keep up with 2 strokes, as it aint gonna happen. pipes and so on will no doubt help. There is not really much you can do to a cbr to make them faster. The best thing to do with these bikes is to use them for practicing on before doing your test and moving on.

Kev

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick Wall
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DynaMight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 07 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 77MPH on a totally stock one Smile the GPS read 70MPH, So the speedo was out by 10% I weigh a easy 15st though and wasnt head to the tank (it felt bloody stupid at 70MPH! I dont even do head to the tank at 140MPH Smile )

Like all 125's, 2t included, I wouldnt bother spending much on tuning, Get a new endcan for the sound but thats it.

Adam_W
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 17 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to bring this back up but iv found this

https://www.aseanmoto.com/CBR125%20kits.htm

not to good with bike bits but is this a kit for the cbr125r?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:28 - 17 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Looks like it. Might be worthwhile, but probably a lot of money for limited extra performance (20% extra capacity, but unlikely to give as much as 20% extra power, probably give you between 2hp and 3hp more).

All the best

Keith

knockout_bar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:33 - 17 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Oh, and before you ask, no, the powerbands on sale on ebay won't work on your cbr125, they only work on 2 strokes.

Hate to burst yer bubble, but you can't "fit" or "buy" powerbands Razz.

"egg flied lice" - R6jonny (inspired by McGee) Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:28 - 18 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

knockout_bar wrote:
instigator wrote:
Oh, and before you ask, no, the powerbands on sale on ebay won't work on your cbr125, they only work on 2 strokes.

He was joking Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:28 - 18 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

knockout_bar wrote:
instigator wrote:

Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:44 - 18 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell 70-75 on a cbr mini moto thats fast as fuck lol
na i dont reckon ull ever be able to keep up with a smoker on a four its just not possible.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 19 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont bother doing the CBR 125, up its good for sticking at 60 mph on a long road in 6th with it sounding healthy and thats it. But it doesnt bother me that much, its reliable handles better and with stickier rubber on now its even better in the wet. Just keep it stock, and then when you can afford it, do your test and move onto bigger and faster things. Thats my plan. End of the day tho, it sure beats the hell outa a car in Summer!

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:37 - 19 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend has a CBR125 with a full Micron System on it, makes a bit of difference.

Better acceleration, about 75mph flat ground real(ish) top speed (clocks are bullshit). It sounds great aswell.

He spent around £300 (I think) on it all, only really worth it if you have the money to spare and you're probably going to be keeping it for a while.

Adam_W
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 19 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sorry to bring this back up but iv found this

https://www.aseanmoto.com/CBR125%20kits.htm

not to good with bike bits but is this a kit for the cbr125r?

so this is a kit to make my bike faster?

knockout_bar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:17 - 20 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

haGGard wrote:
He was joking Razz

Whoops Embarassed Razz.

"egg flied lice" - R6jonny (inspired by McGee) Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 20 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam_W wrote:

so this is a kit to make my bike faster?

Yes but still, why bother? You want to pass your test, why not be resigned that while your friends will still be buzzing around on their 'fast' 125 2 strokes, you'll have a 400 more quickly to thrash them with, and just leave the CBR be as it is?

Let's face it, no potential CBR buyer who has half a brain is looking for performance.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 25 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is CBR150R RACER full tuned by endurance in japan.
150cc DOHC head, FCR cab, racing exhaust etc....
but still power is over 20ps, lower than 125cc 2T.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1