Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

To move or not to move - take 2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Should Andy Go Home?
Come on mate, it's your own place - stick it out, make it worthwhile
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
No, stick it out mate, it's worth it
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Go back home, you were stupid to move out in the first place.
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
LMAO I knew you'd be asking this...
66%
 66%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 36

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 04:06 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: To move or not to move - take 2 Reply with quote

So I've been here over a month and it has really been cool. We've had houseparties and random stuff, loads of mates to come round and get pissed and I love it to bits. But I can't help feeling like this entire place is some parody of my home. I've spoken to nick, Nick is moving out shortly anyway. I've spoken to Sean who says that if I move out, he's gonna have to move back home with his 'rents and younger brothers.

I love living here, but it's not a home. All it is is a parody of home - a pisstake version of the home I'm used to. The kitchen's stocked with crap, there's nothing to eat, I can't sleep for nick playing movies at full volume. I miss my parents, I miss seeing my family, my mum and dad etc...

I've told Sean I'm having second thoughts and while I've lived here over a month, I still find it hard to think of the place as home. I miss my old living room, I miss speaking to my parents in the morning, in the evenings Sad.

Should I stay here and stick it out, or should I go home? I want to go home, but part of me wants to stay here. What should I do, beccause I honestly don't know what to do Sad.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:24 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote you stay where you are.

Then maybe that Rottweiler will eat you and we won't have to suffer any more of these BORING FUCKING THREADS.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 04:29 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You move in, everyone else starts moving out. Never saw that one coming Laughing

Are the other housemates being mean and refusing to make your sandwiches?

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:00 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice wrote:
Are the other housemates being mean and refusing to make your sandwiches?

"Day 35 in the Big Brother house, and tensions are rising between NSR-Andy and his fellow housemates. He has been spending so much time in the Diary Room* that the chair is beginning to smell like his crusty trackie bottoms, and the male housemates are getting suspicious at the amount of times he has 'accidently' got into the wrong bed whilst drunk.

'Whenever I go to the toilet' complains housemate Nick, 'he comes in and starts talking to me whilst grinning with his hands in his pockets. The dirty little poofter.'

Sean adds 'I suspect the only reason why my Rottweiler hasn't eaten him yet is because it's afraid of catching something.'

Having failed to vote him out, the housemates have now taken to other tactics to get NSR-Andy to leave the house and are attempting to starve him out by refusing to make his sandwiches. It appears only a matter of time before his supplies of super noodles and buckfast will run out and he will be forced to return to his mother before he becomes too weak to ride his infamous nsr125."

*Andy doesn't need a diary room, he has BCF

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 09:02 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it would be like that. Laughing

The home sickness takes a while, i think it took me about a year to get over it but i was 13 at the time and only saw my family 3-5 times a year.

It will all calm down evenytually. I would give it another month, if it hasn't then jack it in. No one can live like that at all it will probably eventually fuck you up. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 09:10 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you actually thought that living on your own would be the same as living with your parents? Rolling Eyes

I guess you'll be one of these guys who're still living with their mum at the age of 45. Laughing

If you want nice food in the kitchen, you have to go and buy nice food in the kitchen. And if you want to get to sleep at night, maybe not living with a bunch of kids would help? Razz

Last edited by Suzuki on 09:11 - 31 Jan 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all knew this would happen. The novelty soon wears off doesn't it?

I say stick it out a bit longer, if you still feel this way then move out.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:50 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

We told you so.

I'd still say stick it out. Its called homesickness and everyone gets it when they first move out of home. If you don't stay you will be quitting. If there are things that you don't like then change them. You have to live in that house, you have to sleep in that house. I suggest you tell your mates to sort their lives out.

Was a nice game wasn't it? Playing house I mean...

If you go home thats all it would have been. Little Andy Playing at being an adult. Grow the feck up and stay where you are. Your mates homesickness is also an indication that /they/ should grow up.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go home to mummy and daddy when the going gets tough. Karma

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 11:10 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like somebody missing his mommys apron strings.
No place is a home untill you make it one.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go home, you may lose alot of your freedom but its financially more viable so those funds you spend on rent can be put towards your biking life.

Plus you only get one set of parents and they will grow old and leave one day, make the most of them while they are here cos when they leave thats it.

From time when you miss all the little things that you used to do with your parents go back and do those things again but this time love those things even more as you now know what its like when the opportunity is not there.

You will eventually move out one day but does it have to be now is what you should ask yourself?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough one.

I guess there are a few things you need to look at. This first month has been fus like you say. But soon you will get tired of it.

If some of the others are thinking of moving back home, does that mean that if you stay your rent and bills is going to triple? Can you afford that?
If the landlord chooses to move a few other guys in, are you going to be happy sharing a house with strangers?

If you cant answer 100% yes to any of those, then I think you know the answer.

If I could turn back time to when I was thinking about moving out of my flat and home again, I would have got an extra job just to enjoy the freedom. Granted, it's nice to be at home, but once you've had a state of freedom you want to have it all the time.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has home sickness, you're going to have to come up against that at some point, might as well be now.

Sounds like the housemates and the lifestyle are the problem to me. If you lived with calmer people in a tidier house with more organisation, maybe you'd be enjoying it more, or at least it would be more bearable. The sort of house you're living in should be the kind you go to for a party every few weeks. That's what it is to everyone else I bet...

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 13:31 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatley I forgot to mention that I had been drinking heavily last night (no, really) and I was in a somewhat depressed mood. I've spoken to Sean and Nick, and we've agreed that Sean and me are going to stay put. Besides, Mark's moving in in about a month, which will be cool, and our bills /rent will stay the same.

While I do miss home, I can look at the brighter side of things - my room's a hell of a lot bigger than my one at my parents house, and the house is much bigger, and I get to see all my mates, all the time Smile.

I'm not going anywhere until i'm kicked out Smile.
PS Sorry to have wasted your time:).

PS PS Nath, you're not the forum police officer. Don't like it, don't read it. Your choice to read it mate, so I suggest you stick that useless and abusive and boring and redundant post where the sun don't shine, and I'm referring to your anatomy not mine Smile Thumbs Up.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ajacobs
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 31 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath wrote:
I vote you stay where you are.

Then maybe that Rottweiler will eat you and we won't have to suffer any more of these BORING FUCKING THREADS.

Thumbs Up Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

getyerkneedow...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:57 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a land lord, i feel i ought to point something out.

Check your contract.

You're talking about moving people in and out willy nilly. Has this all being confirmed and agreed in advance with your land lord?

What does your contract say about it? Chances are you'll have an AST (Assured Short Hold Tenancy Contract), these normally have a clause in them along the lines of:

Noone else to live in the property

Apart from the tenant(s), the tenant must not allow anyone else to live in the property. The tenant must not transfer to anyone else the rights, which have been granted to him or her by this agreement.

So before you go making changes like this, id speak to your land lord, get him/her to agree to it, get a timescale for the change worked out, and get a new contract from the land lord - failure to do so will see you in Breach of your contract, for which the Landlord will file a Type 21a possession order, Serve you with notice, and finally be granted an eviction order by the county courts.

And suddenly.. you're back at mummys place - with a shit reference to give to any future land lords.

No land lord likes tenants who break their contractual agreements. Thumbs Up Karma
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1