Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any advice/info for a tour to France and Spain or Italy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dave_ZedDragen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Any advice/info for a tour to France and Spain or Italy? Reply with quote

Ive been looking into some touring to Europe with a couple of friends. I'm not sure if it will be done this summer or next due to me just starting up a new job recently but anyway....

It's a trip through france to Spain that is on the cards or maybe France and then down to Italy. Holland has also been mentioned but is more unlikely. We will probably include the pyrenees if it's france to Spain.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or useful information, hints or tips about touring in these parts of europe? Knowledge on biker friendly campsites, recommended routes and roads. Any events whats on where or places to visit and any biker must-do's?

Ive found quite a few useful websites so far including:
www.motobotc.co.uk/
www.ultrablade.com
but i havnt seen much on Italy yet, is it a good country by motorbike?

I see Maurice has posted:https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=72763 which looks useful.

This should be a camping trip for at least most of the way and probably a ferry crossing from Dover, although being up in Glasgow any other alternatives can be considered too.

Ive toured around the UK on my bike and have toured around europe years ago by car twice but never toured europe by bike so it should be an adventure. I'll be travelling on my trusty Z1000 with tankbag and either panniers or tailpack Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 01:10 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think France is the best country I've been to for pure biking, in terms of road design and surfaces. Italy is cool, gorgeous scenary, fantastic culture (women & food), but easily the most dangerous place I've ridden.

Don't let that out you off going there, you just need to be very switched on. I wouldn't recommend it to a recent direct access biker, for example. I'd definitely go again though.

Me and a few mates drove to Holland for new years eve. The place is very cool and laid back, but the roads didn't look up to much. Similar to Belgium and Northern France.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 17:23 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the prices like for food and accommodation in the South of France Maurice?

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 18:47 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on where you go, but it's generally cheaper than the UK. If you get a Formule1 hotel, 3 of you sharing a room would cost around 9 euros a night each, not bad for the French Riveria Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1