Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Site feedback? (MotoGP)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Site feedback? (MotoGP) Reply with quote

After an absolute fecking age the new version of MotoReview is now online: www.motoreview.net Very Happy *collapses*

It's kind of a long shot, but there isn't a whole lot about in the way of decent independant MotoGP sites... so hopefully this will be one. I've worked more or less full time on the site for the last month or so, so I haven't got any petrol money but I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Laughing The optimist inside me is hoping it'll become the MotoGP equivalent to the likes of Pitpass.com for F1.

So what do the good folk of BCF reckon? Yay or nay? Have I missed the fact half of it isn't working? Confused Razz

Cheers,
Dom

(Btw content-wise it's nowhere near 'done', I just wanted to get it online ASAP. Looooads of info etc still to come. Thumbs Up)

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:11 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks real good mate-but it'll take a long time for me to stop looking at just crash.net first of all when i get on a computer! Laughing

good pics as well Thumbs Up

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate. Thumbs Up Come on though, crash.net? They're the big corporate nasty types - you should be looking out for the little guy. Wink

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom, you been watching southpark by any chance? Laughing "big corporate nasty types" reminds me of that hippie episode on the other night.

Anyway great looking site, i will bookmark it. Also like the way things are set out and the pics are good too. Rider stats etc is also cool.
Im of to assen this year so i may be able to have a write up on there about the day Wink

Cluck cluck chicken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:00 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"MotoReview was first launched in December 2006" possibly not. Razz

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:07 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good Dom.

I forgot you had this site up until a couple of days ago so went back to it and added it to my bookmarks.

I'm no expert on website design but from a user's point of view the site is clear and easy to navigate, really professional job.

Is it going to stay MotoGP only, or will it expand into other forms of bike racing?

If you have any stickers for the site for some cheap advertising I'll stick one on my bike somewhere. Doubt anyone will really see it but it can't do any harm Laughing

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, can't wait until the new season. Thumbs Up

Just a couple of comments though. It's quite similar to the official MotoGP site, in terms of style and layout. If it were me I'd try and differentiate it. Where did you get the gallery pictures from? They're quite small. I find it irritating in this day and age when I got to a site and they have a gallery of pictures that are barely bigger than the thumbnails! Penny Coin Penny Coin

Keep up the good work though. I notice everyone thinks that Rossi's going to win! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 10 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dom, you been watching southpark by any chance? Laughing "big corporate nasty types" reminds me of that hippie episode on the other night.

Nope, haven't watched South Park an ages. If you did fancy writing an article then that would be great, I'd be happy to post any articles I'm sent so long as they're a good read. Smile Thumbs Up

Ste wrote:
"MotoReview was first launched in December 2006" possibly not. Razz

Embarassed Laughing Nicely spotted Ste, cheers.

Quote:
I forgot you had this site up until a couple of days ago so went back to it and added it to my bookmarks.

I'm no expert on website design but from a user's point of view the site is clear and easy to navigate, really professional job.

Is it going to stay MotoGP only, or will it expand into other forms of bike racing?

If you have any stickers for the site for some cheap advertising I'll stick one on my bike somewhere. Doubt anyone will really see it but it can't do any harm

Nice one. I might be doing some stickers soon, if I do I'll be sure to send one your way. Thumbs Up As far as covering other bike racing, I can't see it happening for a while. I had planned to cover SBK and BSB as well but tbh I don't follow them as closely and I've realised there wouldn't be enough hours in the day. If the site got pretty big and I could get a second pair of hands on board then I'd look into it but sadly that's a pretty tiny possibility, at the least it'd have to be a full time job for me.

Quote:
Just a couple of comments though. It's quite similar to the official MotoGP site, in terms of style and layout. If it were me I'd try and differentiate it. Where did you get the gallery pictures from? They're quite small. I find it irritating in this day and age when I got to a site and they have a gallery of pictures that are barely bigger than the thumbnails!

Fair point. I have tried to design it to be as pleasant to use as possible but I think given the fact the content is going to be fairly similar it's quite hard to give a really different look. I will try to add to the site as time goes by with more original features, for now it's mainly trying to get the site online.

As far as images, everything on the site is provided by individual team's PR websites. I do have access to some very high resolution images but most of the teams are pretty insistent that that 'high resolution' images are not uploaded to websites. It is a fair point though, and I think I will contact the various PR people to find out exactly what is 'high resolution' and what isn't. Tbh the main thing is not jeopardizing the press access I've got so far, but I will see if I can up it a little bit. Smile

Cheers for all the feedback guys. Thumbs Up

(The 'official test' is now just a few weeks away, and hopefully will be on Eurosport. 2006 season's nearly here. Very Happy)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1