Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

eBike Insurance is giving away ?25,000

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: eBike Insurance is giving away £25,000 Reply with quote

Have a look here.

eBike Insurance is one of the fastest growing motorcycle insurers in the UK, it's customers are assisted by NewLaw in the event of an accident. Recently it became clear to both parties that very little is done to raise money for the charities which help with the prevention of accidents or for Bikers to get back on the road after an accident.

They have decided to do an online vote to give money to six worthwhile biking related charities and try to help raise their profile amongst the motorcycling community. The total to be given to charity is £25,000. This has been raised by an equal donation by eBike Insurance and NewLaw. Every vote for a Charity will increase the percentage of the money which that Charity will receive, so every vote really does count!

MAG Foundation - The MAG Foundation's aims and objectives are to promote and protect safe and secure motorcycling for the benefit of all riders, through research and sponsorship.
• Research to represent the opinions of the motorcycling community and to provide sound information to riders.
• Sponsorship of initiatives that raise awareness about the benefits of motorcycling.

Riders for Health
Every year 3 million people die in developing countries because of lack of access to treatment. Riders for Health is helping 10.8 million people across Africa to have the basic health care we take for granted, giving them the chance to fight disease and look forward to a healthier future.

BMF Foundation The Foundation is the BMF’s own biking charity and was set up with the following aims:
• Improve safety for riders by influencing road design
• Research better treatment for injured riders
• Improve safety for motorcyclists by influencing the design of other vehicles
• Research better protective equipment for riders
• Help prevent vehicle crime
• Support the care and rehabilitation of injured motorcyclists.

County Air Ambulance "Our three helicopters serve an area of 8,000 sq miles and a population of over 7.8million covering the follow counties:
Derbyshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Leicestershire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Rutland, Warwickshire, the West Midlands and the Welsh borders .
From our bases at RAF Cosford, Strensham , and The East Midlands Airport the helicopters are available for up to 10 hours a day, seven days a week."

National Association for Bikers with a Disability The NABD is a Registered Charity, open to anyone with an interest in motorcycling.
Our aim is to help get disabled people to enjoy independent motorcycling, however they came by their disability, whether by accident, through illness, or from birth.
The NABD has several objectives concerning the rights and safety of motorcyclists and in particular disabled riders. These include campaigns for the inclusion of both motorcycles and trikes on the Government sponsored Motability scheme and to instigate legislation outlawing the use of bullbars on public roads.

Motorcycle Outreach (MoR) Motorcycle Outreach is a new charitable organisation (awaiting full charity status) which seeks to introduce effective motorcycle-delivered healthcare logistics in remote rural areas of developing countries.
Motorcycle Outreach has an established project on the island of Flores in Indonesia. This was founded by Simon Milward and Willy Balawala from Indonesia in 2001.
(end of forwarded bit)...

I've made my choice already... What about you lot?

Here is the link!

Last edited by Sadie on 09:33 - 13 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 12 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBikeinsurance have been giving me good quotes. Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF for me. Seems the most worthy, as far as bikes go.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a tossup between NABD and MAG, MAG got it Very Happy

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 00:15 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMF.

Thinking I did wonder why my quote was £25,000 more expensive this year. Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boing!! for the Monday morning peeps.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 13 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for inserwerance companies to keep my premiums down and fund their "chairidee" stunts out of the directors and shareholders' pockets.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1