BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Strange PC>TV

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 23:08 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Strange PC>TV Reply with quote

I have my pc hooked up to my tv using a 10meter s-video cable that goes into a scart then into the back of my tv. Anyway the cable i bought was pretty crappy and the picture is really fuzzy and horrible.

I got out my 1 meter beast of a cable that i used to use with my portable (gold plated etc) to see if i could get a better picture with the intention of buying a decent longer cable.

Anyway i plugged the 1 meter cable in and the picture was perfect but black and white. I swear to god i have used this cable before and had it in colour, infact i swear on my life i have.

I have had a look at the settings on the pc and tv and can not find a solution, i use the same scart adapter and the long cable works in colour but the short one doesn't.

I then came across this

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5870057841&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

He says:

The Television MUST support S-Video via the Scart if you do not have this the picture will be in Black and White.

Normally i can work this stuff out but im pretty confused. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to go into the TV menu and tell it to use S-video on the scart setting.

Just go into the display settings on your tv.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 23:25 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't anything in the menu about s-video Confused

Is it worth just getting a svideo to composite to be on the safe side??

Wanna get a really decent cable for good picture so don't wanna buy something that isn't going to work. Laughing
HerbalDayZ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

HerbalDayZ wrote:
No try channel AV

av1 =svid
av2 =scart 1
av3 =scart 2
svid 1

Try that m8 if yoru tv is new this is how they set them up only old tvs normaly have svid i "think" or really expensive ones.

Most these days have avi av2 av3 1 is normaly svid.

make sure your settings are correct to mirror your pc .Make sure you have set pal not ntsa (cant remember the american 1 its close to ntsa ntca)

so 1 make sure its set pal 2 try av1 av2 or av3

Quote:
For S-video you normally need to be in AV2 but also try AV1

To find the S-Video (SVHS) Picture on the Television try pressing the Source Button on your
Remote Control a few times

As you are using a svid to scart connection it will be picked up thru the AV chans

NTSC.

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:14 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll still look crap unless you playing a movie mate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 13:48 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture was perfect with the 1meter cable, the 10 was absimal, lines running down the screen and it was really fuzzy.

Bought a decent 5m cable off ebay for £11 so will just have to wait and find out what that's like. Thumbs Up

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:30 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your TV channel has to be switched (probably somewhere in the options menu on your TV) to accept an S-video signal, otherwise the picture will be in Black and White...

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 15:43 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh i kind of know that but i can't explain why the 10m cable works fine in colour just shit quality. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1