Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

classic think bike video

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

carlmalibu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:09 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: classic think bike video Reply with quote

just saw this on the BBC site, thought people might be interested:

Quote:

In terms of simple but effective, Think Once, Think Twice, Think Bike is a classic.

This short public information film, screened in 1975, asked road users to be considerate toward motorcycles at junctions.

Presented by actor Edward Judd, it shows him punching his hand to inform people of the effect a car might have on a motorcycle. A move copied in playgrounds across the country for years afterwards.

STOP LOOK LISTEN
Stop Look Listen is the Magazine's festival of Public Information Films, with the National Archives and the COI

The film's classic status was confirmed when the satirical sketch show Not The Nine O'clock News did a parody of it, featuring Mel Smith, a cricket bat and various soft fruit.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4690164.stm

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that advert has more impact than the current one. NO PUN INTENDED BY "IMPACT"

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:07 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving the pork chop next to the first guy that is knocked off! Laughing

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a gfg advert.

Got a lot of grunt behind it, that bloke scares me Laughing Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 16:55 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a brilliant advert. I'd say better for back then when that would really shock audiences to see such violence in an advert. The way it is presented, you don't expect to see such graphic scenes in the crash, or at least, I didn't. I suppose that's what it takes to make people more aware. Although I nearly got pulled out on today, going round a white van.

It also made me think about the current advert, and how it is very similar to this one. Except this one has more comb overs and pork chops.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 52 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1