BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV executive guilty over biker death

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

tintin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:13 - 25 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone really believe he spent the night in a field, of course he didn't! He was pissed, ran off, hid somewhere for the night, sobered up, went to the police the next day when he knew they would find him eventually. He is more likely to get a lower sentence if it can't be proved he was drinking.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 11:21 - 25 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tintin wrote:
He was pissed, ran off, hid somewhere for the night, sobered up, went to the police the next day

Although wouldn't a blood sample taken the following day still show signs of alcohol, whilst these may be lower levels it would still be possible to use the results as evidence?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:27 - 25 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Although wouldn't a blood sample taken the following day still show signs of alcohol, whilst these may be lower levels it would still be possible to use the results as evidence?

If he wasn't who he is, yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 11:32 - 25 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's only the executive of a very small private TV company who produce really poor Welsh dramas and short films.

Really not a powerful man at all. If he was the exec of HTV then things may be different... I seriously hope that justice is done properly.

The last death by dangerous driving case that went through Swansea Crown Court the driver (a taxi driver, who ran off because he would have lost his job) was sent to jail for eight years I believe. So with any luck this will be similar.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:35 - 25 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 years would be fine.

Stoning, I’d be there…….

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:38 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
tintin wrote:
He was pissed, ran off, hid somewhere for the night, sobered up, went to the police the next day

TBH if he was under the limit by then it wouldnt count for shit unfortunately ,

I dont see why everyones getting hung up on him being an exec and gettin away with it , as someone said hes only working for some piss poor company and tbh the penalties for driving offences are ridiculously disproportionate for everyone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:48 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:

The last death by dangerous driving case that went through Swansea Crown Court the driver (a taxi driver, who ran off because he would have lost his job) was sent to jail for eight years I believe. So with any luck this will be similar.

i bet the minor tv exec has a better lawyer than the taxi driver did. so the result will probably be quite different

NSR-Rulez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 18 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure he would be done for death by dangerous driving, and drink driving, which would get him a nice little stretch in prison, but i am willing to bet they won't take his licence away.

Hopefully justice will be served.

NSR-Rulez
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

geordiecbrblo...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:56 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above it's the "death was no doing of mine bit" that truly boils my piss - such arrogance is incredible and I hope justice is served.

/rant off

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I wish I could spin the tape back. But his death was no doing of mine."

You pulled out on him you fucking wanker! No doing of yours?

Though I must take this opportunity to reitterate how important defensive riding is, when you see a car, particularly a fucking salesmans car, waiting at a junction you NEED to slow down and cover the brakes... and watch it like a hawk. Perhaps the rider in question was, perhaps not, I'm just commenting.

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disgusted by the 'friend' in the passenger seat with his son in the car. I wonder if the police have interviewed the 11-year-old as to what actually happened??? Would probably make an interesting addition to the prosecutions notes.

As the editor of a magazine/newspaper he should flippin well know better. For assisting his 'mate' to avoid police detection should carry a hefty sentence too, perhaps he will get done, won't it be perverting the cause of justice?

Emails to the pair of them won't do any good though, they'll never get to the intended person.

Thoughts with the family of the biker. Karma

Golf_gti
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:25 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="V4"]Don't be silly, bikers rank somewhere between rapists and transvestites in this countries eyes

Leon[/quote]

true!! people think bikers are just scum and dont belong on the road!!

and its usually old people who complain about bikers, there the people giving us a bad name!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:38 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a post about this a few days ago…

There’s a guy in Hollyoaks at the moment, he’s a rapist, so he’s got a bike obviously. Rolling Eyes

strawberry
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:53 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the latest article on the BBC - including sentence. If you were hoping for more than 5 years, don't look Neutral

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4757802.stm
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2