Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GSXR400 SP need Help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Quasievil
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 05:50 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: GSXR400 SP need Help Reply with quote

Hi all, this is my first post which comes from a few hours spent searching for information on the GSX400R sp model bike.

In New Zealand we did not get these bikes in a new models rather a small number came in as japanese imports back in the 90's.
Because of this its bloody impossible to find any good info on them.

My Bike is a 1992 model, it has the close ratio gearbox up side down forks and thats all I know.

Thing is Im racing it in New Zealand (see Pic) Ive had some success but tracks with long straights im getting dusted by NC30 and ZXR400.
to date I have had it Dyno 'd and its running 60 hp, its geared at 14/44 and Ive cleaned a few things up on it.

I need more speed and power !! (dont we all)

Im hoping someone here might be able to offer me some guidance on these awesome bikes.

I would like a Manual or some mods to do to the bike. also I need to understand the gearbox ratios anyone know this?

Sorry to ask for so much (being brand new) but even Suzuki NZ hasnt heard of it !!

Hope your all good and the sticky side is down for you all.

Cheers from NZ

Quasievil
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 05:51 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

more piccies

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

how strict are the rules in nz because a 442cc kit is available Wink

Otherwise check out www.gsxr400.com where there is vast amounts of knowledge. Very Happy

Quasievil
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:32 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yeah Im allowed a 442 kit if wanted, how much do you know ? thank you for the links I wil check them out mate
cheers

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a lad called Jay on that sitye who has commisioned a few 442 kits and there are a few members on there who have got decent amounts of power from them. I used to have a GK76 like yours but sold it before attempting any major tuning work. Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1