Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Man-Flu

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:47 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Man-Flu Reply with quote

Right, not gonna whinge too much, but ive had 'man-flu' for about 2-3 weeks now.
Started with fuzzy head, went to alot of snot and sore throat, then coughing up some seriously fugly lumps.

Then luckily it went away fro a 3 days when my mate came up, got severely wrecked but felt fine. Later on the day he left, i pretty much collapsed, and the grogginess and huge lumpy clots of sputum have come back.

Anyway i can just about cope with that (its saving me money i guess, canni go out), but im sleeping through EVERYTHING.

This morning for instance, i got to sleep around 4 ish (coughing etc), set my alarms for 10. Woke up at 3 ish with two missed calls.

I did exactly the same thing about 3 days in a row now, and its starting to grate on me abit.

Any advice? Im doped up to the eyeballs on lemsips, beechams etc. I try and get to bed at a vaguely sensible time (but im mild insomniac too so it doesnt help), and i dont set my alarm too early (always an hour before lectures).

It sucks that, aswell as my complete lethargy at home, i dont even wake up enough to turn off the alarms and roll over. I simply sleep straight through them till late afternoon Evil or Very Mad
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

www.125power.com
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:55 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a lot you can do apart from get really big alarms or arrange for soem one to come and tip a bucket of water on you......

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 21:23 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like that all last week, had the week of work basically slept the whole time, couldn't believe how much i had. Then (after still feeling like shit) went out and got so wrecked i nearly passed out, was sick in my dads car Laughing but the next day i felt absolutely fine. Confused Started to get a headache during the day so did the same sat night and i was ok.

Felt wicked since then. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:03 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, find a doorman, ask if he is carrying CS gas and get him to spray you with it, liberally.

I was exposed to it with my job. It will lift EVERY bit of shit, snot and mucus out of your body. It will hurt like a fucker for 20 minutes, but you will not get another cold for a year. Wink

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:27 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes for goodness sake, frigging man flu Wink Drink plenty of fluids, prefferably hot, lots of hot baths and as much rest as you can manage. Rather than try and fight the thing, help your body recover. If your sleeping heaps then you obviously need the sleep. listen to your body Laughing

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 12:54 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suffering from man-flu too... difference is, I went to the doctors and had it confirmed as a chest infection and am currently sleeping off the drugs.

It's started to clear up after three days of rest now - get the advice of a professional Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 13:37 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
difference is, I went to the doctors

See you are a woman. You are allowed to do that.

We are men, we only go to doctors for proper things, like amputated arms (or itchy cocks).

Enough beer will sort this... honest Neutral
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you see ... you haven't GOT man-flu.

The thing with man-flu is that it can only be diagnosed by women.

You think you have man-flu, cos you're a man, and you think you're REALLY REALLY ill.

But you're not really ill at all. Until a woman accuses you of having man-flu.

And even then it only means you've got a bit of a cold.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1