Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How much is my KDX-125 crosser worth?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: How much is my KDX-125 crosser worth? Reply with quote

At the back of my garage I have a Kawaski KDX-125 crosser/off road bike. I think it is a model B and made in 1992. Now it hasn't seen much use over the last few years and I reckon I might as well sell it, but what I need to know is how much it is worth. I'm not into off road bikes so I don't really know anything about their value. Anyway it is in average condition for its age, a bit rough rough round the edges but essentially a decent off road bike. It starts and runs fine, uses a bit of water and drips a bit of oil from the 2 stroke tank but nothing detrimental. Anyone care to make a suggestion as to its current value?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:56 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Re: How much is my KDX-125 crosser worth? Reply with quote

I presume it's road registered? Does it have TAX/MOT?

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its a 'proper' off road/scrambler/crosser/field bike. Call it what whatever you want, but its not road legal/road registered. I've added a pic so you can see what I am on about.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:24 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, the KDX was sold as a road bike from what I remember.
That means it won't be of so much interest to people looking for 'proper' motorcross bikes and won't be of interest to those looking for a road bike either.

Not sure on the sort of price, but I'd have thought maybe around £500 if it's all legit... tell you what I'll give you a fiver to take it off your hands Smile.

jayluvmito
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:12 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

id give ya £400 for it, not much else though, as it is a converted road bike, so always a bit Confused

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 21:14 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

£250 cash :p

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is all legit, so no problems there. I understand it may have been a road bike at some point but obviously someone has 'converted' it/made it into a field bike. I realise that it is of no real interest to any serious motorcross kind of people, but is ideal for someone who wants to do a bit of non competitive weekend scrambling. In fact the only reason I know that it is a KDX is from the VIN number. I emailed Kawaski a year or two ago quoting the VIN number and they told me exactly what model it was, variant and the year it was manufactured. Unfortunately since then I have changed my computer and lost the email that contained all of the info they sent me back about this bike.

jayluvmito
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:32 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

u sellin it then?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:53 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As a field bike you are competing for a sale against bikes with a dodgy past. I would be tempted to put it back on the road (cheap enduro headlight and tail light, get the registration number from the VIN number, MOT it) and you will probably sell it easier.

As a non road bike you cannot use it for green landing, and it would be uncompetitive in real racing, and as a fun bike there are loads of cheap bikes going for sale.

All the best

Keith

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 02 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

As a field bike you are competing for a sale against bikes with a dodgy past. I would be tempted to put it back on the road (cheap enduro headlight and tail light, get the registration number from the VIN number, MOT it) and you will probably sell it easier.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying about competing for a sale against bikes with a dodgy past but theres not a lot I can do about that. As for putting it back on the road, it nots going to happen while I own it mainly because I don't want to spend time and money on it. I have got enough 'projects' on without taking on another and I can't imagine that the cash that would be spent on it fitting bits, MOTing it, sorting out registartion etc would make it worthwhile financially just to sell. To be honest when I first aquired the bike two of us spent quite a lot of time getting it running, cleaning it all up, making it rideable etc because it had been lying neglected and unused in a shed for quite a while. Since then it has only ever been used by me on fields after the crops have been harvested, so I really haven't had much use out of it and would rather just sell it as it is.

So in answer to your post 'jayluvmito', yes I am selling it.

I have managed to link to one very similar that sold on ebay the other day. Take a look:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4513562971&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:36 - 02 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

In which case I would say to get a V5 for it to show any buyer that it doesn't have a dodgy past.

All the best

Keith

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 02 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
In which case I would say to get a V5 for it to show any buyer that it doesn't have a dodgy past.

Good idea. Thumbs Up

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 20:42 - 02 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's worth at least £500, that ebay linked one looks very similar and that was even minus a rear caliper!

All depends on the situation, if you've got lots of fields around you I'm sure there's loads of teenagers wanting something to rag about.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ebo
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:09 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brothers interested in the bike, have you got a car licence? would you be interesed in a 18 16v wv corrado in bordue pearl metallic. where about are you located?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my bike are located in South Derbyshire. I'm not interested in a swap of anykind, its going to be a straight sale. Smile

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then after reading the replies and doing a bit more research on the internet I think a price of £450 seems about right for my crosser. If anyone is interested in buying it, post below or PM me.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 52 days between these two posts...

Andrewc2oo5zx...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:07 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

still for sale?

SUNDERLAND AFC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 03:17 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year and a month after the post?

You'll be lucky if it is.

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 02 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I sold it in January 2005. Laughing If I remeber right I got £400 or so for it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1