Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Executive jailed for 3 years for killing motorcyclist.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: TV Executive jailed for 3 years for killing motorcyclist. Reply with quote

All,

Prior to my previous post a few weeks ago.

The chap has been given a 3 year sentance.

here is the text from the bbc web site.

TV exec jailed over biker death

Dafydd Evans was said to be a "broken man" after the crash
A TV production company executive who fled the scene of a
crash in which a motorcyclist died has been jailed.

Dafydd Evans was found guilty in January of causing the death by dangerous driving of Darren Beynon, 24, of Five Roads near Llanelli.

He died when his machine hit Evans' Mercedes as it emerged from a junction into his path.

Judge Eleri Rees at Merthyr Crown Court jailed Evans, 41, of Penylan in Cardiff, for three years on Tuesday.

Evans, a director of Llanelli-based TV production company Tinopolis, had been on bail since he was convicted at his trial at Swansea Crown Court in January.

He had denied the charge, insisting that he had not driven dangerously and claimed Mr Beynon, who was in a convoy of bikers out on a run, had been speeding.

Motorcyclist Darren Beynon was killed instantly in the crash

Evans was returning from a christening in Llandeilo with his best friend Henry Jones-Davies, editor of Cambria magazine, and Mr Jones-Davies' 11-year-old son in October 2004.

As Evans pulled out of a junction along the A40 near the Dryslwyn crossroads , his silver Mercedes was hit by a motorcyclist.

Witnesses described how the Yamaha machine exploded into a fireball. Mr Beynon was catapulted into undergrowth and died instantly.

During the trial Evans denied claims that he had drunk white wine and champagne in addition to a beer and glass of red wine, which he admitted drinking at the christening.

He claimed the impact of the crash left him concussed and that was the reason for him wandering away from the scene, minus his glasses.

Breathalysed

A police helicopter and tracker dogs spent almost two hours hunting for him without success.

Evans told the trial jury that he lay face down in a field for much of the night and wandered to Mr Jones-Davies's home, several miles away, the following morning.

They then went together to a police station where he was arrested and breathalysed, giving negative test result.

Evans, director of development at Tinopolis, which makes programmes for the BBC, ITV, S4C and Channel 4, denied allegations during the trial that he had been drinking and had left the fatal accident scene through fear he was over the legal limit.

His defence told the court that Evans was "a broken man" and had not driven since.

But Evans' version of events was rejected by the Swansea Crown Court jury at the conclusion of the trial.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4757802.stm

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:15 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone at the Swansea court who realised this man was talking out of his anus.

Feel good now…it might not have been what i wanted but at least his family can have some kind of justice served.

Does this mean he goes to a ‘normal’ jail or a jail for such people as him??

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Killa127/_41383944_dafyddevans300drag.jpg

Lets hope he all gets some lovin in the big house baby!! Razz Thumbs Up

Last edited by killa on 12:21 - 28 Feb 2006; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too fucking right Thumbs Up

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he's as scared as the biker was when he saw his merc in his path, i fucking hope so.

Grubby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:21 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping that there's a large biker chap by the name of Tiny who'll make him his biatch!
Let's see how he feels about bikers then.

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:13 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a BIG black man called Bubba, "you're my little puppy now white boy"

Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GBUK101
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:09 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that three years is long enough. You go out and shoot someone dead and you get 15 years, you get pissed up and run them down you get 3. If you wanted to kill someone I know which one I would choose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 05:42 - 02 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

pardon my french but his sentence is a f-ing joke, 3 years he'll be out in 18 months.

I wonder if its becuase he has rich friends in high places, if it had been joe public up there he would have got 7 years at least.

kal9001
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 03:58 - 03 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

evenwith 7 years he would still be out in 18 months Neutral

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 03 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but 18 months of buggery? That will stay with him all his life. He will probably have nightmares of being done up the arse for good Thumbs Up

fastfox
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:42 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the tw@t is out in less than 18 months on some kind of bull sh1t tagging system.
Still, i hope the words "You sure have a pritty looking mouth, boy" and
"I`m ganna make you squeal like a pig" haunt him along with poor anal retention for a long time to come Sick Sick Sick

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The duration of that sentance is a disgrace.

andyshing
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 03:54 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jail is where the lying bastard belong. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1